Help root melt into balayage advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 140524

Reaction score
Hi guys ok a colour correction question. My client has 1/2 inch regrowth of natural base 6 and mid lengths and ends have been bleeched. She wants end result to be root melt in balayage starting with 6/0 and 6/3(wella) so I was going to pre pig with 0/43 and then apply 1/2 6 and 1/2 6/3 20 vol to regrow and onto blonde 2 inches. Would u say I need to pre pig or not ? Just wondering if anyone else has a thoughts on this? Thanks in advance

No it'll be messy and more complicated than it needs to be. Just use a few grams of 6/7 in your formula for a natural result or a few grams of 6/43 for a warmer result. If you're using 10g 6/0 +10g 6/3 I would use 5g 6/7 or for warmer use 5g 6/43.

So you wouldn’t pre pig ?
So are u saying go straight in with 10g 6/0 10g6/3 and 5g 6/7 for a natural base.
But if I wanted a warmer base go in with 10g6/0 10g6/3 and 5g 6/43.

Last edited:
Would u use Wella perfect or something else ?

I would personally use colour touch unless you're covering more tha than 50% white hair

And use the same colour in the touch ?

Could I not just use 10Vol with the Wella perfect ??

Could I not just use 10Vol with the Wella perfect ??
Yes you can, but they work differently, if it was the same obviously colour touch wouldn't exist ;)

Latest posts

Back