Help Shellac and acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
Hi I'm in need of advice. Firstly I am fully qualified in Gel extensions & shellac. I have had an enquiry of a lady who has acrylics but wants me to apply shellac on top of them. I have no idea about acrylics. Firstly can I do this, and secondly would I have to remove the top coat of acrylics, then apply shellac and finish with shellac top coat? I do apologise if I sounded clueless it's because am TIA xx

Hi I'm in need of advice. Firstly I am fully qualified in Gel extensions & shellac. I have had an enquiry of a lady who has acrylics but wants me to apply shellac on top of them. I have no idea about acrylics. Firstly can I do this, and secondly would I have to remove the top coat of acrylics, then apply shellac and finish with shellac top coat? I do apologise if I sounded clueless it's because am TIA xx

If you're not trained in acrylics I wouldn't but speak to her about having gel instead and when you've buffed and refined the new set before you would apply the topcoat swap this step and apply the shellac colour ( no need. For base) then Finnish with shellac top coat

Hi, if your not qualified in acrylics than dont apologise, yes you can do shellac over the top, no need to base coat, normal service, scrub fresh cuticle area id any growth showing, file the free edge to the shape required,and apply as normal,however when she needs it removing you wont be able to do it, as you cant wrap them, it will break the acrylic down, you would have to do a rebalance x x hope this helps

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank u so much. I'm not keen on the idea but she is semi a friend and quite pushy. I'm not even sure if her acrylics have been done professional or by her at home. If she has done them herself I will definitely not be doing them.xx

Latest posts

Back