Help! Shellac or Gellish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpedicures

Reaction score
I just can not make up my mind. I feel Shellac sounds the better product, however talking to the staff of my local Sally's Store they think gellish is great but they did not seem sure of the correct way to remove it, they mentioned acetone soak and a metal tool. Now I understand Shellac is removed via a wipe, this sounds less damaging to the nail plate, but is it very quick??

Any help please?

Gelish is removed by buffing the top layer cotton wool soaked in gelish remover or acetone wrapped in nail foils in around 10/15 mins you then gently use an orange stick to push the product off defo no metal tools!
Just a quick heads up Hun most of the ladies that workin sallys are nt qualified professionals they are there to sell so they would recommend gelish as only sweet squared stock shellac and elisions.
I use gelish and love it! Fantastic colours, lasts for ages etc
I believe shellac is as good if not better read the posts on here everyone's raving about it!
Good luck xx

totalwellbeaing did you say you have to be trained in gelish to use it? x

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Yes, my local staff at Sally's are lovely and I have been going in there for years now and I thought it would only be sales pitch. I am considering Gellish as it will be easy to pick up from the store rather than by post with Shellac. As you have used Gellish for sometime and it sounds like you are pleased with the product, however I have been considering it for ages now (I am not quick when makeing my mind up!!!) and yes everyone seems to love Shellac, I think it seems slightly cheaper in price and french polish can be done with it. Which is a requirement for my clients. Thanks again

You can do french polish with both shellac and gelish xx

i have just ordered gelicure- as i love nubar polishes. just thought i would throw that in to complicate matters!:wink2:

The major 'I MUST HAVE' factor with Shellac is YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUFF! job done, next willing client please!... it's polish but it's a gel. clients wont believe it's going to hold for as long as it does when you just get it on there quick as a flash and none of that buffing, and then they are amazed when it soaks off in around 10-15! oh did I mention the shine that dazzles:green:

Just my opinion, it's what I like to use and wear. But it's also a reasonably savvy business choice too:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back