help starting up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
Hi guys, well i am setting up a small beauty room, which i have just taken on to rent. This is a last shot attempt to try and make a go of it, which i am scared to death simply as people are less reluctant to spend there money on nice treats the way the world is at the min, ie petrol costs, etc.
Any way, i am trained in decleor which there is no way i could get there products simly because they are way to expensive and yoyu need at least three treatment rooms.
So this is were you guys come in. Funds are short and i have a small amount of money to put into the business. I need a faciel range that looks good and gives a good treatment, with out costing the earth. I am considering susam molneux wondered if there was another brand that maybe better and a little cheaper or if susan is the best to go with. So guys please helppppppppppppppppppppp!
love jenny

Hi guys, i am so stressed it is untrue. I have just taken a room on to rent that is above a tanning studio. There is compertition in the area ahhhhhh must be mad i no. But it is good for me for the children, hoe etc. Now this is last attempts in the beauty world for me and want to have a really good go. I need as much advice from product ranges that do not cost the earth, but look good and feel good, to towles new uniform, advertising everything and i have a fortnight to do it in. So guys pleassssssse help me if you can. I no many of you will think i am mad, but i love beauty and what to make a life for my family. I will be doing everything from nails through to massage and waxing
love jenny

Hi Jenny
I would recommend you get some samples from different compaines and see what the products are like. Try to discuss with the companies what they can do for you and whether they will tailor a package to suit your needs.
Also look at what options there are to get products for retailing, can you get any on sale or return or consignment basis (this will keep your money in your business but you will not miss out on making retail sales).
I hope that helps a bit.
Regards Jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk
(p.s. of course we are better than all the others :))

I dont exactly know what you need but if you go to the guilds website they have a section on there for therapists that are selling unwanted stock and equipment hth
good luck with it all hun :hug:

I have just bought lots of baby pink towels (Hand Towels, Bath Towels and Bath Sheets) for my massaging etc from Primark...they were so cheap and they wash up lovely...ideal for beauty.

HTH, Good luck x

Oh and as for leaflets/Stationary etc, go to VistaPrint...they are excellent and very cheap x

try the SEARCH option in the blue taskbar above, type in skincare and you will have mountains of info for you to read.

Had a good look and my head is pounding starting to wish i had not done this now, am i going to be good enough, what products to buy, how much budget i have, actually feel ill, every one around me are buzzing and think its great and me i just worry i am gonna make a mess of it.
Eve tayler seems to be a nice range has this product become les proffesionaly used. Also what are the price differences between susan molneux and eve tayler, which do you preffer and do eve tayler offer training with there product like susan molneux
love jenny

Think positive and believe in your self hun.
I am a mobile therapist and use Eve Taylor products,they are great and clients love them.There is no minimum order so you can order to your own budget.The products are lovely,in the past i have worked with Elemis and Espa and Eve Taylor is still of a high standard in comparsion to companies like that.There website is www.evetaylor.co.uk
have and look and then give them a ring.Beauty express is good for most other products or materials you might need(waxing ect)
Wilkinsons is great for cheap(but still good quality)cotton wool,cottonbuds,tissues ect.
Good luck xxx

TRhank you so much guys. The evwe tayler producys sound and look really nice, would people use them in a shop as well as mobile. My competiter uses dermilogica.
love jenny

I have used susan molyneux and their start up ranges differ between Monu which I think is now around £600 plus VAT and the Renu range which is about £500 plus VAT (don't quote me on these prices just a guess). When re-ordering there is a minimum of £75.00

I took SM because that was the maximum budget I could afford at the time and to be honest I didn't rate the results at all (Renu) not Monu, however I know lots of skin geeks have had great results with the Monu range but I cannot comment on that.

However, Eve Taylor has no start up costs and no re-order minimums either. I have heard lots of great reports about Eve Taylor but have not used it in my salon.

It is very difficult to decide on a range when most skincare companies send you piddly samples that cannot possible give you a feel for how the products work.

The only two companies that have ever sent me decent samples were:

Moor Spa and Environ.

HTH

thank you for that chic, i have samples comoing from moor spa and eve tayler not from eviaon though, what did you think of moor spa and the difference between them and eve tayler
jenny

hi, i am renting a space above a hairdresers, and my budget was 1,500. i have nearly got everything with that, i do have my own couch and waxpot and a few tints etc. but ive had to buy my mani,pedi,wax, facial stuff etc.

ive gone for ceteum for my manicures,pedicures and skincare (skincare it simple for clients, and beautiful packaging) their polishes are good too! over 200 different polishes. (i got a stand and 56 polishes for £160 at olympia). wax ive gone for forest floors, but salons direct is cheaper for spatulas, strips etc.

furniture i have got from ikea and ebay.

just need to sort my lisence and health and saftey and thats me done

have alittle PMA positive mental attitude. if you think positive, positive things will happen.

good luck xx

if you need any more help just let me now, if i can help i will.

Latest posts

Back