help! streaky spray tan!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlie

Reaction score
Two of the ladies I spray tanned last night have phoned me to say both have very streaky/patchy legs and one has one orange hand and one white hand! I feel terrible,going round in an hour to try and correct,spoke to Emily at Tantrick who said to mist over white bits with 8% (oringinally used 10%)
Any advice from you guys??? I feel terrible :cry:

it MAY have been there fault - incorrect exfoliation - traces of perfume on hand?

Just an idea

dont worry we r all human

becki x

I explained to them importance of exfoliation and no perfume,moisturiser etc,when spoke today they said they had followed my advice exactly! any ideas on correcting it,or will I have to grovel and refund?

Are all of your settings on your machine the same as normal? Did you remember to 'turn' your bottle of solution?
Sorry, I know I'm new to this, and dont want to sound cocky.....just they are the two things I keep checking, so they are fresh in my mind!

Yep settings fine,think it was just bad application,got to leave now,gonna try list mist of 8% over streaks,will fill you in when i get back in a hour or so....wish me luck!!!

Streaking is usually down to poor precare and after care by the client. Did they wear loose baggy clothes straight after? Did you fill out a client record card? Be careful of what people use to exfoliate with, some exfoliants really don't do the job! Did they apply moisturiser before the tan? this acts as a barrier and can cause streaking. It's odd that you would get 2 clients to have streaky tans. Do you feel YOU did anything different, or do you deep down think it was something the clients did?

Streaking is usually down to poor precare and after care by the client. Did they wear loose baggy clothes straight after? Did you fill out a client record card? Be careful of what people use to exfoliate with, some exfoliants really don't do the job! Did they apply moisturiser before the tan? this acts as a barrier and can cause streaking. It's odd that you would get 2 clients to have streaky tans. Do you feel YOU did anything different, or do you deep down think it was something the clients did?
Molton Brown products are bad for this apparently.

Good Luck BTW!

Just got home....phew....I was expecting two orange zebras from their descriptions,instead I was greeted by two lovely bronzed ladies with perfect even tan everywhere except from the back of the legs,where I think maybe it had been a little wet and they'd sat on a chair and it had marked.
I am so releived,had gotten quite upset about it earlier and was dreading what i'd find,but they were fine and even talked about booking again for a wedding they are attending soon......thanks for replies xxx

Thats good news! I'm happy for you - I would have been freaking out too!

Hi There

We do spray tanning with success at our salon - but I do find it is one of those treatments that a client can mess up - but seems to blame us. Its mainly caused by lack of correct clothing - poor prep and poor aftercare. In particular one lady comes in weekly and has one - after the treatment she promptly puts one her tight jeans, socks and boots - then sprays on some perfume and puts on her make up in front of us!! she then comes in the next week and says that it only lasts a couple of days!! How often have we told her to wear loose clothes and not to muck about with her skin for a few hours etc!!!

Its a fabulous treatment to have in our salon but we cannot monitor what the customers do when they leave the salon.

Heids

Hi There

We do spray tanning with success at our salon - but I do find it is one of those treatments that a client can mess up - but seems to blame us. Its mainly caused by lack of correct clothing - poor prep and poor aftercare. In particular one lady comes in weekly and has one - after the treatment she promptly puts one her tight jeans, socks and boots - then sprays on some perfume and puts on her make up in front of us!! she then comes in the next week and says that it only lasts a couple of days!! How often have we told her to wear loose clothes and not to muck about with her skin for a few hours etc!!!

Its a fabulous treatment to have in our salon but we cannot monitor what the customers do when they leave the salon.

Heids
I agree there,prper pre care is a MUST and so is after care.
Ive even heard of clients tell me that "whats exfoliation...??"...some scrubby thingy...??...just imagine it!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Im glad it went well for you. I wouldnt take it personally and even though i havent done my tantrick training yet i have had a spray tan it is pretty obvious why you have to wear baggy clothes and exfoiliate before the application.
Keep it up and well done!
Ruthy

Latest posts

Back