Help tips for gluing tips for EN L&P course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newintown

Reaction score
Hi I am a new geek and could do with some advice please.

I bought the Essential nail L&P course at the back end of last year and kept doing a bit now and then, but now I am ditermined to compleat the couse soon!!!
But I am slowley loosing faith in myself though as when I glue a tip in place it either splits or gets air bubbles. I have searched the sight for advise and tips, but come up with nothing.
icon_sad.gif

Am I the only person to have a problem with this
icon_cry.gif
as it sounds like quite a few and tried an passed, or have other issues with EN.

Many thanks Clare

Dont panic, the same happened with me.

Is it just one particular nail that you are having problems with? If I remember rightly the nail I struggled with was very flat in shape and I was trying to use a tip that fit width ways (sidewall to sidewall) when in fact you should use a bigger one and custom fit as the C curve is wider and will fit the flat nail.

I hope I got that right, I completed my course last August and struggle to remember.

I suggest you call EN and speak to Suzy or Sarah, one of them told me which size tips to use on each nail, and bingo problem sorted.

Also you could try applying glue to both tip and nail, this sometimes helps too.

HTH

Rachel

Thanks just to know i'm not alone helps. It's the dreaded number 13 nail !!!
I have tried doing it with alittle oil as so not to use so many tips, which seen ok, no bubbles but when the glue is on... no chance.
I will try ringing Sarah tommorow. Once again thanks.
Clare

Thats the nail I struggled with lol.

You have to use a tip that looks way to big, I was skeptical at first but it worked and I passed with a credit.

Good luck

Rachel

Ahhh Clare, hunny, don't panic. Its been said on here many times that if you can tip a nail trainer, you can tip anyone!

A lot of us started with the Essential Nails course, and its a great learning tool, and it will all of a sudden just click into place (no pun intended) and when the tips just start fitting right, it feels great! Its important to get your sizing right and the amount of adhesive, and if you ring them today they wil talk you through that.

Couple of things though....are you still using the nail trainer adhesive from your kit...it's special quick setting adhesive for the nail trainer, to compensate for no body heat, and anything else will take a lot longer to set, possibly causing issues. Follow what it says in the dvd, and ensure you have put enough adhesive on the tip...you can always gently tap the tip on a paper towle to remove excess. Some people have also tried putting the tiniest amount on the nail too, to prevent bubbles, but only do this if you feel you have full control of the amount that comes out of your bottle. Also, don't go overboard on the primer in your kit....that can cause tips to split, so try a couple without it...just see if it makes a difference.

However, all that said, the one downside of Essential Nails is you feel very on your own! I actually ditched mine at one point and went and paid for some personal training elsewhere, just to give me feedback as I was doing it. There's nothing quite like sitting down with an expert and seeing it done in person and I would at least plan to get some one-one training or similar when you've finished your course...you'll be amazed how much more confident you will be and how much more you pick up.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back