*Help w/fill lines !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladygold

Reaction score
Looked for threads re this so pls excuse me asking info "again":wink2: No matter how good I try to "blend" the Infill area before putting new acrylic back on there are times when I put the acrylic back over that you can see a Shadow from where the old-acrylic was:Scared: Your wonderful input would be deeply appreciated

You should not have fill lines if all of the lift is correctly removed, and if the acrylic has not discoloured.

If you do a search in the tuts section, I believe there's a tutorial about the correct filing techniques.. I know there is one here somewhere, just don't remember where. Most likely by Geeg.

Here, found the page: http://www.salongeek.com/finishing-maintenance/
All kinds of info to be found there.

Hth's

It does take time to master the art of getting rid of fill lines.It takes lots of practice and patience.Try to make sure you get rid of any white lines that are still showing.

Make sure you are filing under the line and keep going until it all disappears.Do NOT apply any acrylic until all lines and lifting have gone completely, if you rush things and go onto apply your acrylic before getting rid of those lines you will see them through your finished nail.

The tutorials on here are smashing.I had exactly the same problems as you and I kept at it,then one day it all fell into place and now I am finally happy that I have no nasty fill lines.HTH

Get on top of your application, and you wont have any lifting to CREATE those fill lines ;) Good prep, good application= no lifting=no fill lines :)

Be very careful filing away the lifted product- you can very quickly go through to the natural nail...

** Thank you ladies for your info, it IS appreciated! Don't want to brag but I don't hardly ever have "lifting" w/my clients, so as I had first stated it was just doing fills and trying to get the Fill line blended better;) I did go and read Geeg's info I'll certainly try it this way - thanks again:wink2:

Latest posts

Back