help what to do next x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty2you

Reaction score
hi peeps,
im just after a bit of advice really. im quallified in beauty level 2 and 3 and done other courses like hot stones, tanning etc. the past 1 1/2 year i have also trained as a hair dressser just at college i done level 2 full time and my level 3 part time one night per wk. i also do a couple of hrs in a salon on a tue to get salon exp. i have applied for jobs in salons and all i get is have you any experience no but im trying to get some. by the way i work for free. i entered a competition through the college for trainee hairdressers and won my ladies evening catagory recently which i was well pleased with. just my course is comming to a end and im in limbo i need to earn a living as i have a family and mortgage etc. what else could you suggest i do to try and make myself employable. im skint now after spending thousands on courses and is feeling a bit disheartened as still no salon job n stuck in a call centre any advice would be appreciated please im 33 by the way so i no age goes against me x:Scared:

just keep on trying different salons that you feel will suit your needs confidence also a big thing but i know being in my 30' s not easy.. im starting in salon soon so it is all about keeping positive and apply to lots of places surley someone will need you in the salon!!good luck:)

good luck with your salon job hope all goes well. im going to keep trying but just feel like packing it all in sometimes i just dont know what else to try x

If you do a couple of hours a week in a salon that's you getting experience. Say "yes" the next time they ask if you have any experience. Then expand on it and say you have been working one day a week doing *insert whatever tasks you do* but that you are looking for somewhere that can give you more hours now you are nearly finished college.

Good luck!

good luck with your salon job hope all goes well. im going to keep trying but just feel like packing it all in sometimes i just dont know what else to try x

Just don't give up ! rest if you must but don't give in ..you've invested a lot of time and money in your training and it's obviously something you really want to do so keep going. It's not right that age should go against you and you need to find a way to get that right out of your head and be positive about what you have to offer .Maybe try taking a personal profile into salons that explains about your passion , training and competition win ( congratulations by the way ) see if you can meet the owner/manager and they can meet you and probably see how much it means . Someone somewhere will be lucky to come across your dedication and recognise it . Age is only a state of mind - no one has ever set a rule that hairdressing is only for people under thirty :)

Latest posts

Back