HELP!! Which house insurance for home business use??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoSu

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a mobile therpist at the moment but am in the process of setting up a beauty studio from home. My current home insurance company will not cover my home for business use and don't really have the time right now to spend hours and hours online searching for a sensible quote.

Can anyone help me here please?

JoSu

Interesting thread anyone got any advice please?

dont quote me on this but I think More Than cover it? Its not the easiest cover to get though... dont think you'll have much luck getting on line quotes..

Hi I got my home based salon insurance from lloydstsb they taylor the police to suit wot you need and it was a very good price. They call it "working from home "policy. hope this helps x

I was already with Liverpool Victoria and when I phoned to ask about insurance they said it wouldn't cost me any extra. How chuffed was I :):)

Hi I got my home based salon insurance from lloydstsb they taylor the police to suit wot you need and it was a very good price. They call it "working from home "policy. hope this helps x

Hahahaha sorry I know it's probably a spelling mistake but I do have a rather funny image in my head right now of all these police offices lining up at the bank wanting uniforms!!:lol:

Does anyone know if you can get this insurance separately from your buildings insurance, if you're tied into that for another year and they give an unfavourable quote, please?

Just found out that Tesco will cover you as part of their ordinary policy for running a business from home so long as you have no more than 5 clients per day or 15 clients per week attending for treatments.

Bargin!!

I was told that if you have a mortgage you need to contact your mortgage company via to getting Insurance, the reason being that not ALL mortgage companies will allow you to run a business from home!!!

Its a catch 22 - Do you notify them or not!!
Especially if your home-based!

Latest posts

Back