Help with acetone disposal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink Lady J

Reaction score
Iam new to this game and I would like some advice on the disposal of Actone could someone please answer my question
Thanks x

Soak it up with couch roll or such like and dispose in a metal lidded bin, i always put mine in nappy sacks and put in the bin. Dont ever throw it down the sink

what happens if u throw it down the sink?

acetone "melts" acrylic nails...acrylic is a plastic.....your sinks waste pipes are made of plastic....get my drift???? lol xxx

what happens if u throw it down the sink?
if you pour it down the sink it can melt the pipes!!! i always soak mine up on kitchen roll and pop it in a metal bin. xx

Iam new to this game and I would like some advice on the disposal of Actone could someone please answer my question
Thanks x
i put mine outside and let it evaporate. Aboute 30 - 45 mins

We use cotton wool it takes two minutes to soak up then in the trusty metal bin.

Thanks x

Some great replies and just wanted to say well done for thinking safe and getting advice.

You can always get the correct disposal methods for any chemical products from the manufacturer's MSDS sheets.

This will also give you safe storage and handling information.

Latest posts

Back