Help with adding to Shellac service - eg glitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silver holo over Midnight Swim. This shows contrast and would be just as striking over any darks.

picture.php

The same over Hotski..

picture.php

I also have it over Cake Pop and you can see this in my album on here, so the silver holo basically goes with everything!

This is purple holo..

picture.php

I have more pics on my facebook page if you would like more examples.

Silver holo over Midnight Swim. This shows contrast and would be just as striking over any darks.

picture.php

The same over Hotski..

picture.php

I also have it over Cake Pop and you can see this in my album on here, so the silver holo basically goes with everything!

This is purple holo..

picture.php

I have more pics on my facebook page if you would like more examples.

Nicole, you are SUCH a star!! These are absolutely stunning. I love them all. I would definitely love to check out your album (as soon as I figure out how to!). Really can't thank you enough for the time and effort in helping me out with this.

Could I just ask if you use clearly pink or something over these nails prior to top coating or do you have a separate top coat?

Thank you again. Very much x

You do need the candy pink and here's why. Here it is over tutti Frutti and again but on midnight swim. Really you need them all lol!! Xx
ugynuma2.jpg
aterytar.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Nicole, you are SUCH a star!! These are absolutely stunning. I love them all. I would definitely love to check out your album (as soon as I figure out how to!). Really can't thank you enough for the time and effort in helping me out with this.

Could I just ask if you use clearly pink or something over these nails prior to top coating or do you have a separate top coat?

Thank you again. Very much x

I used to have a separate top coat but I never used clearly pink so started to USE that then top coat. I know other geeks use mother of pearl, zillionaire and the gold or silver VIP status'. Like I said I never used CP so was a way to use it up, lasted ages but guess what I've just ordered another bottle lol cheaper than doing 2 top coats xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Steph has all the glitters and what she doesn't know about them isn't worth knowing!

In answer to your question, I use Clearly pink, but when I did a glitter fade with Cake Pop and Silver holo I used Mother of Pearl. It looked very pretty having tiny bits of glitter in the MOP being picked up just over the Cake Pop where that was meant to be plain colour, if you see what I mean.

To see my album you just click on my profile. Or you can see them all on my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/cocosnailboutique

You are both so helpful. Thank you! I will definitely include a bottle of clearly pink in my order (never managed to order last night which means I have had time to mull over my need for even more glitters!!).

Stephiebaby, you are hilarious! I have included the candy pink. Fear not!

Nicole, in that beautiful picture above, the purple holo one, did you do a couple of coats of purple colour prior to glitter or just one coat or even just glitter on base? I've looked at all of Holly's videos on YouTube and it seems you don't always need to have a colour underneath the glitter. Ooh it is SUCH an art. Creativity is not my strong point but I'm working on it! Thank you again. x

In that picture I did one coat of colour beneath the glitter.

When you start playing with them you will see that you can manipulate the outcome of the colour, by using different shades of colour under each glitter. For example, I put silver holo over Pink Bikini Shellac, with gave the outcome a pinky effect to the glitter. The darker shades of Shellac, like the Midnight Swim picture gave the silver holo a steel effect.

I generally try to match the colour to the glitter unless I want to manipulate it.

Och you guys are just too awesome! Thank you both again for such great advice. Really cannot thank you enough.

Zooks, I will definitely go and look now! I loved looking through Nicole's.

Thank you all again! x

Oh my goodness!!!! Your creations are incredible!! Ok, before I end up gushing on about all of your work, I absolutely HAVE to have 'fairy dust' and 'tropical glow'! Do you think there are equivalent Irresistible glitters to those two? I wondered if pink confetti might be similar to fairy dust?

Thank you again. I really am in awe. x

I name all of my pictures too with what I've used :) take a look and if you need anything send me a message!

www.facebook.com/tiptoenailskent

Xxx

Thank you!! I am simply too scared to look now. All of these beautiful nails are making me feel rather inadequate! 😊

I shall definitely be logging in and liking asap. Thank you again. Really very grateful for so much help. x

You are both so helpful. Thank you! I will definitely include a bottle of clearly pink in my order (never managed to order last night which means I have had time to mull over my need for even more glitters!!).

Stephiebaby, you are hilarious! I have included the candy pink. Fear not!

Nicole, in that beautiful picture above, the purple holo one, did you do a couple of coats of purple colour prior to glitter or just one coat or even just glitter on base? I've looked at all of Holly's videos on YouTube and it seems you don't always need to have a colour underneath the glitter. Ooh it is SUCH an art. Creativity is not my strong point but I'm working on it! Thank you again. x

I have a itsy bitsy teeny weeny glitter problem lol. I've got lots of pics on my facebook page and will be adding more tomorrow. If you want a peek its www.facebook.com/woodlandsbeauty9

(Is it just me or am I the one with itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini now in my head? Didn't even realise until I reread what is written)
Xx

You're very kind lovely. With a little bit if time and lots of glitter yours will be just as eye catching. Mine doesnt compare to various other geeks on this site, I still feel like a novice!
Tropical glow and fairy dust (by Nailitz) are fab and I use them a tonne.the are iridescent. There are 2 pinks one nailitz and one cnd that are almost identical.

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thank you again Zooks and Stephiebaby (And everyone else who has been so helpful!). I am now in possession of a number of glitters (iridescent and holo) and I'm giddy. About to start having some Friday night fun!

Could I just ask; when you are covering the whole nail, is it recommended to do one layer of colour for full coverage glitters (such as the holo) and two layers for iridescents? Or two layers regardless?

Also, when laying down the silver holo, I put it over studio white. I wanted to make it really stand out. Is there a different colour that is recommended?

Thank you all again. I'd be lost without you xx

Mainly I do one coat of colour, but with the newer colours being thinner, you may want to do two. Just have a play and see how you get on. I don't really use white under the glitter as I find it too pale. I use Silver Chrome under my holo silver, but put it over Blackpool if you want it to pop out!

Girls are these glitters or additives? I have all the cnd additives but don't know the names off the top of my head, if these are glitters did you but from s2 and apply the same way as additives in the cures sticky layer?

Anyone?

Yes, they are Irresistible glitters that you can buy from S2 and yes they are applied over the inhibition layer like Additives, or you can apply to uncured products. I personally apply the first way.

I prefer the Irresistible glitters over the Additive glitters as the Irresistible ones are finer, although the Additive in Sparkling Silver is beautiful and really blingy it does need the finer one over it to fill in the gaps.

Latest posts

Back