help with back exfoliation treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura h

Reaction score
Hi

I was thinking of incorporating an exfoliation treatment as part of a back massage and wondered if anyone who does them could let me know how they go about them. Does anyone use a body brush?? My sister had a treatment recently at a spa which included a body polish and they used a brush and exfoliator. She said it was really hard on her back (really she should have said to the therapist this was hurting) but she didnt want to seem rude! So would it be better to use an exfoliator on the back with some of those mitts and then rinse with a hot towel (I am mobile so cant use a shower) and then do a massage or can you use a body brush as well???

thanks in advance
Laura

Hi Laura

A body brush should never hurt!

Im so sorry your sister experienced this.The theherapist should have asked her at the time,as you should use a body brush lightly.

using an exfoliation treatment will help prior to a massage and i incorporate this sometimes.

There are some you can use without a shower,i use dry friction body scrub from Academie which i purchased in France to try out.its AMAZING,dont be put off by the title of it thats how its translated from French:green:

I use it to remove using hot mitts from my hot cabbi so as you are mobile i dont know how you could do that.

Is it difficult doing this mobile then??

Maybe a glycolic treatment could be effective for the back.

I hear Nimue have brought out some new body treatments,maybe give hyperion a ring.

Sorry cant be any more help
Gabriellexx

I offer exfoliation to the clients with a back massage treatment.

I dont have a sink or shower in my treatment room as it is in the next room. I use warm compress cloths to remove the exfoliant and this works just fine.

hi thanks for the reply, the therapist used a body brush and an exfoliator together, could this have been the cause of the problem??? I am trying to find a product that removes easily with hot towels and water. DO you massage the exfoliator with your hands or with a exfoliating mitt/glove??? Thanks in advance
Laura

hi thanks for the reply, the therapist used a body brush and an exfoliator together, could this have been the cause of the problem??? I am trying to find a product that removes easily with hot towels and water. DO you massage the exfoliator with your hands or with a exfoliating mitt/glove??? Thanks in advance
Laura

I use my hands Laura as I feel that the benefit of the touch helps with the massage too.

Thats what i thought I would do just use hands to apply. Would be interested to hear what everyone else does. It put me off using a brush after my sisters experience.

Thanks Laura

Laura
She used them TOGETHER??:eek:

no wonder your sister was in discomfort.
I agree with theresa using touch is so much better and pleasurable for the client

Mixing alittle scrub with some oil,say grapeseed or sweet almond will make it even more sensorial:)

I use Skintruth body polish and massage it in with my hands. I then remove it with towelling mitts wrung out in hot water.
Even if you're mobile, there will be a sink in the house. As the exfoliation is near the beginning of the treatment, before you start (perhaps while the client is getting undressed) wring the mitts out in hot water and keep them tightly rolled up and they should stay warm for a while - or if there's a radiator in the room, pop them on top of it.
Hope this helps............:)

thanks girls, can i ask what does the skintruth one smell like?? is it easy to remove as I am finding some can be difficult and you end up with little bits left.

thanks laura

im reading your replies and i do my backtreatmrnt a bit different.

I use a soft brush and brush over the area lightly

next i use a brown sugar mix with olive oil sometimes i add a exfoliator booster. By using the scrub with the oil the sugar doesnt desolve and the client doesnt get cold. When using water when it evaporates thats what makes the client cold

then i get the exfoliation gloves and use cleasner and water to disolve the sugar this also helps with the removal process

to get the product off i just use steam towels that i heat up in the micro and put in a crockpot to keep warm

thank you everyone for your ideas will try them on my sister if she has not been to put off!!! Would still be interseted to know about the skintruth product

Laura

I also use a body exfoliator scrub when doing a back treatment. I use both the sanctuary salt scrub (which i love the smell of) and also finders body scrub. when i do a body polish i also incorporate a few drops of scented oil - client chooses between coconut, chocolate, chocolate orange or vanilla or sometimes us a home made scrub as have just got recipe off this great site for a chocolate scrub which i have used and also for manicure and will use for pedicure (chocolate scrub - made up of sugar, honey, choc extract/scent, cocoa powder and tiny bit of olive oil - smells gorgeous and works a treat!)

I always use just my hands to massage in the scrub and again just use a hot flannel to rinse and remove scrub.

i find it useful to then use a mitt glove which is very gentle to body brush the back and this is great for getting those last bits of scrub off the skin before moving on to the massage.

am very interested in hearing about heating up towels in microwave and using a croc pot???? to do the warm rinse with. what is a croc pot??? are they expensive. anyone know how to do the towels ie: do you just wet them and then use the microwave???

Debbie.

hi debbie sounds lovely although I dont know if i can use aromatherapy oils as I am only qualified in swedish massage. I think a croc pot is a slow cooker although I may be wrong. Would also be interseted to hear how the towels get heated as I have visions of me blowing up towels in the microwave!!

For mobile exfoliation treatments.

Remove the exfoliator with hot towels, practice makes perfect...
You can wet - wring -heat in microwave hand towel's, we do this at clients house/venue - in the home salon - our gym location has showers.

Heat 3 dampened towels for 2 mins, check & heat further if needed.
Don't put them on for 5 mins and walk away

OR.
You can ask the client to jump in their shower - I prefer they do this to remove the masque, but some don't mind both.

Let them know that the time they spend in it is deducted from the treatment time, ususally hurries them along.
Gives you time to get re organized for the next treatment ie: massage.

We also offer packages that do include a soak in a bath. All done at the client's home.

HtH

XX J XX

i perform a back treatment using priadara skincare. they have two exfliators for the body- a dry friction scrub with oil, or normal scrubby scrub.i apply either with my hands and massage in. i remove using hot mitts that have been rung out (as i am mobile). i use an st tropez soft mitt (dry) to then ensure all the bits are off before continuing with treatment.

are those the priadara tropical scrubs (cant remember the names- there are two different types arent there???) What do they smell like??????????

Thanks
Laura

Latest posts

Back