Help with Brisa gels - lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mell7

Reaction score
Help anyone, I am using CND brisa gel I have moved to Cyprus, every time I do someones nails they lift after a couple of days, or completely come off what am I doing so wrong.

I do all the prep that your supposed to, apply as instructed but still they come off, obviously I am still doing something wrong but I don't know what.

Also how are you supposed to store your gels when it is hot could this be affecting the products?

Have you taken the brisa training hun

Yes I took the training on L&P and gel but it was only a day course for gel and I guess I am not getting it yet!

A skill builders course would help you overcome the problems, hth
i dont use it hun so cant offer any other words of wisdom im afraid :hug:

Hi...how are you removing the cuticle remover....?

Hi Mel ... it doesn't really help to be told to do a skill building class if you are not near where you can get that help right?

If the product is lifting, then it was never on in the first place so:

• Are your Brisa bulbs and your Brisa lamp performing properly?
  • Is your prep perfect?
  • Are the nails perfectly dry before you apply your Brisa Bond?
  • Is the Brisa Bond perfectly dry before you apply your first thin layer of gel?
  • Is your first thin layer of gel really worked well onto the nail plate and not just painted on? (this is very important) You cannot just paint this layer on like polish you need to almost 'scrub' it into the surface before finally smoothing it and then curing.
  • Are you making sure you leave a tiny free margin around the soft tissue so that there is no contact betweenthe gel and the skin?
  • Are you making sure you cap the free edge and sides?
OK ... those are the main culprits that lead to lifting. I hope one or 2 of them help you to see where you may be going wrong. :hug:

Thanks so much for the reply Gigi, that gives me loads to work on, I think its just a case of slowly slowly, and making sure all the steps are followed to the tee.

Can I ask does the heat affect the products at all as if not I can at least eliminate one thing, I just store them in my nail case, but its a lot hotter here than in England and I am not too sure on how to keep them ok.

I use citrusoak to take off the cuticle remover, at first I was getting clients to go wash there hands with it, but now am using it in a spray bottle at the nail desk, lifting occured both ways though.

Thanks so much for the reply Gigi, that gives me loads to work on, I think its just a case of slowly slowly, and making sure all the steps are followed to the tee.

Can I ask does the heat affect the products at all as if not I can at least eliminate one thing, I just store them in my nail case, but its a lot hotter here than in England and I am not too sure on how to keep them ok.

Heat affects everything, but it shouldn't affect how the product adheres. I would however keep your gel in the coolest place you can find in the house. I live in Spain and my Brisa keeps just fine right through the summer inside the house.

Another thing .. I really have to emphasize how important it is that the nails are bone dry. Here I even go so far as to use a very small hair drier over the nails a few times to make sure all moisture has evaporated before I apply the Brisa Bond. I have a tiny Babyliss drier at my desk and always use it just to make sure.

Thats ok then I keep them in the house also, in the coolest place but like you say it shouldn't affect them adhering.
Good tip for making sure the nails are dry, I hope it is something as simple as that, it is so disheartening when a client rings to say some have lifted, its usually just as they are coming up to being on a week.
I really want it to work out, I just hope I can solve the problems.

Thats ok then I keep them in the house also, in the coolest place but like you say it shouldn't affect them adhering.
Good tip for making sure the nails are dry, I hope it is something as simple as that, it is so disheartening when a client rings to say some have lifted, its usually just as they are coming up to being on a week.
I really want it to work out, I just hope I can solve the problems.

A dry surface is key .. and what you may think looks dry actually may not be. Draw that moisture out and then go for it .. I suspect that this is actually your problem. Good luck and let us know.

By the way .. do wear Brisa Gels? How do they adhere to you??

The best way in the world to get to grips and really know your products is to wear them.

Yes I do wear them, I have never had any come off but have had lifting although its only on one or two nails now.
Thanks loads for the advice I will let you know how I get on

Hi Mel
I have 2 working salons in malta using CND all the way.
Since we have similar climates, you might like an opinion from here.

Gigi is ( Hi Gigi ) absolutely correct in saying the nails need to be bone dry.
And in hot climates on small islands, you might come to think even humidity can be an issue.

But not with Brisa. What we find is a lot is clients asking for Gel when they really need acrylic. I know gel is very very popular in Cyprus. But if you see that your clients original nails are soft and pliable or quite thin, then you should put acrylic.

Like that, if they then want a color coating with Brisa Gel; thats no problem and the client is happy as pie!
:hug:
:rolleyes:

Just dont have a totally "Naomi" moment like i did!!! the sun was out, i'd done the garden and was now sat in my porch way, Brisa-ing my toes and took one blob of the gel, went on like a dream, went back to pot, and OH!!!! NO WAY!!! my Gel had solidified in minutes!!!!! Gutted is not the word.... and i KNOW not to keep it near sunlight, or in windows etc, I already know this, but I didnt think pure sunkight straight through a patio window (well i did but was more worried about what steps i was doing nails in) Thankgod i only had a couple of sets left - lesson learnt!!! the hard way!!! xx

Latest posts

Back