Help with Cornrow tracks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucelasticx

Reaction score
I would advise about cornrowing on fine slippy caucasian hair.
I love braiding and my old boss always booked them in to me but do find fine thin straight caucasian hair especially hard hair to braid , and i never seem to be happy with the result, whether i am braiding cornrows for a bridesmaid or to sew wefts on to .
Any helpful tips , hints or even products that may help please?

probably not much help but my freind does loads of this just abot everyone in a whole area of my city goes to her on a sunday she has a line of other peoples kids teenages and adults in her house with freshly washed and oiled hair she does patterns plaited into the hair ,i occasionally have two cornrows in my hair and it looks good my hair is caucasion but thick and naturaly curly she did my husbands hair at a barbeque last year he has thin wispy crappy hair and it looked completely sh**te (hilarious actually)i think this style is genuinly suited to thicker hair and even looks bad on thin afro hair my friend is not a hairdresser and neither am i but she does loads of this type of styling she does use loads of lotions and potions on peoples hair before she plaits it though

Some one told me that if the hair is very fine and you can't get a secure tight braid for weaving in hair extensions, try plaiting into the braid a tiny strip of that jumbo braid synthetic hair stuff. It really secures the braid especially on very thin fine european hair.

Obviously this wouldn't be suitable for people having cornrows or braids on show.

Hope that helps

Thanks for that i do put a tiny bit of kanekalon in any cornrow tracks for sewing in weft, just to help protect the natural hair a bit but i dont find it helps with the slipping . I think i need products maybe?

Latest posts

Back