Help With "cracking" Acrylics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2littletoys

Reaction score
Dont really know whats happening but, im training in acrylics at the mo and have done a couple of "test" sets on my mates but....... after about 2 weeks they start to "crack" at the ends of the smile line. They go across the stress area but are very minimal. Are my nails rubbish or is it because they using their nails to open cans, etc?

Firstly, it could be you have not made yur stress area thick enough.
Secondly your mix ratio could be out..working too dry perhaps?

Also, are you telling them to use the nurture oil regularly? What aftercare are they doing?

Wait wait for it ... I had the same problem it has to do with building the stress line Where is it cracking? On the edges ?

firstly- they are useless- so no aftercare- i ve tried telling them over & over :rolleyes:....

secondly- yes it is at the edges...... thanks both of you..... it would appear to be my stress area- thought so! any hints?

Also oddly enough- doesn t happen when i do my own, i ve had this set on now for 3 weeks.

firstly- they are useless- so no aftercare- i ve tried telling them over & over :rolleyes:....

secondly- yes it is at the edges...... thanks both of you..... it would appear to be my stress area- thought so! any hints?

Also oddly enough- doesn t happen when i do my own, i ve had this set on now for 3 weeks.

when you have applied the product always look at the side profile view to see how the shape is. you want thin in the cuticle area and tip with a nice arch in the middle.

when yo do your filing, look from that side view again . if you only look from the top view you can end up filing the nail flat again.

Ok, when you are applying zone 2, you need to ensure you build a good apex to the stress area....Geeg's tutorial is really the dogs D's as it really explains exactly how you need to be working.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/9096-product-control-part-3-zone-2-making-last.html

May I suggest also, if not already bought, you invest in Gigi's book called 'Nailclass', you'll worship it and bow to it every time you walk into your nail room lol! Small enough to keep on your desk with you whilst you are practising.
CND sell it it's only £15 contact Sweet Squared on 0845 210 6060.

I know you work with NSI products, but this really can be a universal book and £15 well spent hun xx

thanks guys!:hug:
i love this site- everyone is so helpful!

Ive ordered the book another geek told me to get it- just waiting for it to come.:)

thanks guys!:hug:
i love this site- everyone is so helpful!

Ive ordered the book another geek told me to get it- just waiting for it to come.:)

You are more than welcome :hug:xx

Enjoy your book - make sure you have NO DISTRACTIONS!!!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back