Help with daughter swearing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a family friends daughter that said "f****** b****" she learnt it off her older step sisters, she's only two yrs old and eventually she stopped saying it.
I noticed she kept saying it when her parents started telling her off. Kids are like parrots they say everything they hear so just ignore it and I'm also laughing imaging her saying it she's cute! :D

Last edited:
Hang on! I got a clip round the ear as a kid. Surely most of us did?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

On a regular basis.

I've found taking privileges away more effective for my children. They are aged 6 and 12 so seems more appropriate.

Don't bite! It's Panoramic. Laugh. I did.

No im just saying. My mum used to smack me if i did wrong.

Most parents did. Im sure the majority on this forum got a slap at some stage?

No im just saying. My mum used to smack me if i did wrong.

Most parents did. Im sure the majority on this forum got a slap at some stage?

I'm sure most of us did. But that was the olden days. It's illegal now. Most parents also smoked and drank while pregnant. My mum's craving was beer (explains a lot). She never usually drank. Times have changed.

How many children do you have Panoramic? It says 1 daughter on your profile but on another thread you say two- and then on another you say you have none? Just wondering if you base your advice on your own experience and was wondering what that experience is?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why should you isolate your child because she says a swear word? Life is like that, kids pick up stuff.
Some parents! I'm glad I brought mine up already, I'd be fighting other mothers nowadays, bloody hell! Every mother thinks their child is the second coming or something. Grrr!

What's wrong with you all. ..

Nothing wrong with a swift karate chop to the throat at 20 months.

What's the saying 'actions speak louder than words'

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm offended. You have offended me. You are offensive. You have given offensive and I have taken it. ;)

Why should you isolate your child because she says a swear word? Life is like that, kids pick up stuff.
Some parents! I'm glad I brought mine up already, I'd be fighting other mothers nowadays, bloody hell! Every mother thinks their child is the second coming or something. Grrr!

My daughter came back from my parents at 18 months and told us this joke around the dinner table
Her "Knock knock"
Us " Who's there"
Her "B*******!!!"

I was mortified! My middle class mother in law had to change her tenna lady she laughed so much!
My dad has a lot to answer for teaching her that!

Last edited by a moderator:

True.
Or drop kick the child. Don't hurt, they always fall on the nappy.

I'm sorry to everyone who is taking this seriously. I can not stop laughing. I have tears.

I wonder if now is a good time to ask my question I asked on the skin forum...

My daughter came back from my parents at 18 months and told us this joke around the dinner table
Her "Knock knock"
Us " Who's there"
Her "Bollocks!!!!"

I was mortified! My middle class mother in law had to change her tenna lady she laughed so much!
My dad has a lot to answer for teaching her that!

My other daughter slipped on the stairs at about three and said "oh for f**** sake"!
Blame my dad.. again!

I'm also sorry for lowering the tone.
But we've all been there.
Son #1 was branded the heretic for saying Santa wasn't real
So. #2 was fond of toddling round saying 'p*** flaps'
I thought both were hilarious.

I'm also sorry for lowering the tone.
But we've all been there.
Son #1 was branded the heretic for saying Santa wasn't real
So. #2 was fond of toddling round saying 'p*** flaps'
I thought both were hilarious.

It is something they all do and the best course of action is to ignore it- and try not to laugh

Why not just give her a clip round the ear when she does it? That will work.

I am not going to clip a 20 month old toddler around the ear when she has no concept of what she is saying and it's meaning!! What a stupid thing to say, are you ever helpful Panoramic?!

Luckily she has stopped saying it now and has changed it to floor and daddy has been told off but we are all guilty of swearing and it was only an accident but thank you to everyone else for your advice xx

...jewels not tools...

One of my first words was s***, I was in the back of the car and someone pulled out in front of my dad causing him to slam his breaks on. Cue just over a year old me saying "oh s***!!!"

One of my first words was s***, I was in the back of the car and someone pulled out in front of my dad causing him to slam his breaks on. Cue just over a year old me saying "oh s***!!!"

I was the exact same, except it was my auntie, and I remember her bribing me with sweeties and lollies so I wouldn't repeat it to my parents! Excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back