Help with Facial routine please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glamcwtch

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have not long qualified nvq level 2 and feel confident in every area of treatments bar Facials, would anyone be kind enough to run though there routine and any extras they do to make a client feel special.
I hope someone has the time to help I would really apreciate it as I have just been offered my first job and I start on friday so just want to make sure I do my best for my clients. :hug:

Hi
Most skin care companies have a routine that hopefully your new employer will run through with you or send you on some training to learn. Do you know what products you will be using? Most are usually very similar, cleanse, exfoliate, massage and mask. While the mask is on it's nice to offer a hand, foot or scalp massage, explain at the beginning of the treatment what you're going to do and ask what they would prefer, by the time you get to that bit they're usually half asleep!! Have a chat with your boss to see what they normally do.
Best of luck, hope it goes well.

Maybe have a small card near you with bullet points in order of regime. You're bound to be a bit nervous at first and this will prompt you if you lose your way:rolleyes:; concentrate on the client and you'll forget your nerves. Good luck; I bet you'll be great!

This is the order I do a facial
Use eye make-up remover
cleanse
Inspect the skin
Exfoliate
Massage
Mask
Tone
Moisturise

I spend ages on the massage part. Sometimes when the mask is on I just leave the client alone to relax or sometimes I do a neck, chest, shoulder massage while the mask is on.
Good luck with the facial.

Did you not have to perform a facial as part of the interview for the new job?

hi i do double cleanse, hot towels to remove, tone skin analysis, exfoliation, hot towels, massage 25 mins, tone, mask for fifteen mins and while mask is on i do 5 min scalp 5 min foot and 5 min hand massage or else if client just wants one of those areas concentrated on for the fifteen mins i do that. then hot towels to remove, serum and moisturise

Did you not have to perform a facial as part of the interview for the new job?

Yes I did, But like I say in my post Facial's are my weak point so I am looking for some advice to make my facial's great for my clients.

:hug: Thank you all for your help, and taking the time. First day tomorrow sooo looking forward to it:)

Yes I did, But like I say in my post Facial's are my weak point so I am looking for some advice to make my facial's great for my clients.

Guess they can't be that weak as you got the job:green:

All I would say is it all comes with practice and the more you do the more natural it becomes and to be honest not many clients would notice mistakes. Although there is a routine to facials you will soon develop your own.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Latest posts

Back