Help with French Manicures!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyGray

Reaction score
I really need some help. The first problem I've got is smile lines. I've watched lots of videos and read a lot of threads on here and I just need to find the right technique for me and practice practice practice, which I am doing on tips, which is incredibly frustrating but I will keep going.

No the problem I've got is the order of application.

If I do my white first (which I need to in order to tidy up my smile line after), then when I put my pink on, it just looks all streaky on top of the white. I'm using Orly's but have dug out my OPI's, China Glazes and Essies and I'm having the same problem every time.

The other thing is the white itself looking patchy. I know white polish are notoriously hard to work with, but they go on so patchy and if I try to tidy them up the white ends up incredibly thick and tippexy.

I have no problems painting nails, in fact I'd go so far as to say I'm really god at it, I also have no problems applying a sheer polish, it's just when it goes over a stark white it looks awful!

Anyone got any tips for me?

I'm finding the whole thing incredibly frustrating.

TIA
Charlie

Hello,

I love french polish, its my fav thing to do.

I found the easiest way it get a polish with a long thin brush (i use sally hansen), i apply base coat and a really thin layer of white (it almost isnt there), i then go over with a slightly thicker layer. after a minute or two i go over with the clients chosen pink and a top coat.

I know of some therapists who use a precision brush and sweat by them but I don't know a great deal about them.

Sorry i couldn't be of much use - hope it helps x

If I do my white first (which I need to in order to tidy up my smile line after), then when I put my pink on, it just looks all streaky on top of the white. I'm using Orly's but have dug out my OPI's, China Glazes and Essies and I'm having the same problem every time.

The other thing is the white itself looking patchy. I know white polish are notoriously hard to work with, but they go on so patchy and if I try to tidy them up the white ends up incredibly thick and tippexy.

Hi, which Essie polish are you using? I use Marshmallow by Essie and it never streaks. It's the best white polish I've ever used. :)

Thanks for the replies.
Loza789 - I've been trying with a long thin brush but its partly that thats making them all patchy and streaky. I will keep persevering!

Deanosnana - actually I don't have an essie white, it was essie sheer's. I will have to see if I can get my hands on Marshmallow, thank you!

Latest posts

Back