Help with green hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie9494

Reaction score
Hello all.
My sister has sent a friend who is off to uni in 2 weeks my way to get her colour all sorted before she heads off to study.

She currently has a faded 6/7 root and midlength and very faded ends, about an 8 line. (she has previously bleached and home dyed hair several times and has been every colour under the sun, in the last year been bleach blonde, purple, blonde again, Brown, some weird blue colour. I don't know if these colours have been intentional or not.) Anyway I am now left with very green/khaki ends, with a 6/7 root and midlength.

What we would like to achieve is to 're colour the hair except for the ends with the same colour (6/7) most likely useing wella colour touch because of the condition of her hair, but a soft ombre through the ends possibly bringing the ends up to an 9 line. My only worry is if I put Blondor, or freelights on the hair that the bleach will reactivate the end colour and I'll be left off greener than I started. Obviously if she wanted her hair all one colour it would be much simpler as I would just add some warmth through to neutralize. Any ideas?

I only have access to wella colour also.

Thanks in advance

I'd definitely do some strand tests on those ends. If she's changed colours using OTC products, goodness knows what she's used so try an incompatibility test plus bleach and see how it goes. You'll get a much better idea of whether it will take any further chemicals.

Do you have access to Olaplex? Sounds like she could do with some.

I probably wouldn't want to bleach the ends as it might drive the green in further if it's very porous.

Yes. I am worried about bleaching them any further although I suppose that worst case scenario might be to cut a few inches off. I've never heard of olaplex?

I think I will have to strand test, hopefully my sister will be seeing her in a few days so that I can take them into work as I won't be seeing her myself again before her appointment.

Not heard of Olaplex???

Have you been living under a rock for the last couple of months? :eek::D

Olaplex is a new wonder product must have.

It repairs knackered hair by reconnecting the broken bonds in the cortex. Amazing stuff and can be used as a stand alone treatment or mixed in with the colour/bleach.

Totally unique and not to be confused with the wannabe fakes joining the bandwagon that provide a temporary smoothness but don't actually repair broken bonds.

Olaplex can't repair damaged or missing cuticles though.

Not heard of Olaplex???

Have you been living under a rock for the last couple of months? :eek::D

Olaplex is a new wonder product must have.

It repairs knackered hair by reconnecting the broken bonds in the cortex. Amazing stuff and can be used as a stand alone treatment or mixed in with the colour/bleach.

Totally unique and not to be confused with the wannabe fakes joining the bandwagon that provide a temporary smoothness but don't actually repair broken bonds.

Olaplex can't repair damaged or missing cuticles though.

Where can I buy that?! Does sound good :)
I have a capital near me? Any good? Or is it direct from supplier?

Latest posts

Back