help with % of earnings please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
hi all,
i have just been offered a space in a small beauty salon, i was looking at £20 per day but they want to go by % of earnings, if you do this ( say 70/30) do you take of the cost of your product per client before the % split ?

Hi Lilly,

Just to let you know I pay 15%, they supply the room, heating, water light etc. I supply all my own products and equipment. However it's great when you first start out but be aware that the harder you work the more they get. Can't you try to negotiate the percentage down at bit, at least to begin with. The other thing is if you retail you will get all your money. Good luck HTH:).

thanks andi, i had a think about it last night and your right about the harder you work the more they gain, i think i might resent that after a while, i'm going to see her and see what we can agree on

When I started in the salon I work in we agreed a percentage up to a maximum day rate for the first 3 months, after that time we agreed that I would pay a day rate as it gave me chance to build my client base but also encouraged the salon to promote me coz if I wasn't earning neither were they.

One year on and I am so busy I cant see some days but I know that it is me that benefits and they are happy coz they get a regular income. I buy all my own stock and retail products.

Hope this helps pet, pm me if you need to talk more

Anne

thank you for your reply, i'm going in to have a word with the manager soon

Latest posts

Back