Help with Shellac. Peeling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel17

Reaction score
:irked: Whats happening with my shellac. I did a french manicure on my daughter Monday. All looked fab. She went shopping yesterday and noticed a nail on the floor - it was hers. (Not her natureal nail) but the whole of the shellac application came off in one go. Now this morning the rest are peeling off. Mine are ok. Any ideas why this could be happening???

I can accept her nails may be peeling for whatever reason (how old is she?). Sometimes nails are peeled off with a little help and clients are tempted if they can find an 'edge' to pick at.

But I don't accept a Shellac coating ended up on the floor! It's not anything hard, it can't get knocked off and frankly I have never heard of it happening! I would have to say that I am skeptical of this story as I think should you be. :hug:

Trust me its true! My daughter is 25 not a young child. I saw it for myself, the whole of the shellac coating came off. Just wondered if anyone had any good ideas as to why this happened!

In a word, No.

Can she wear ordinary nail polidh?

Is your lamp a CND lamp?

How old are the bulbs?

These are the ordinary questions to ask first.

Thanks for your reply. In a word its all new, brand new. I have been practising on friends before I let myself loose on clients, but really don't want this happening to them.

And have all you friends you have practises on had the same problem?

Nothing is fool proof or bomb proof and some will always have something ... You don't judge anything by one person's experience. I've done hundreds of people and never seen this happen ... I have seen a few trash Shellac, peel it off themselves, damage the free edge but things like that happen with everything, and it's usually clients who have worn enhancements.

My natural nail clients for whom Shellac was made and who make up the majority of our Shellac clients thank God, wear Shellac like a dream. They love their natural nails and they are used to looking after them. Not a coincidence, I think.

Hi - I'm relatively new to doing shellac (6months) and have had some teething problems along the way. I've practiced on myself constantly before letting loose on clients & initially had same thing happen to me as you are describing. I discovered it was not doing the prep sufficiently. Watch fingernailfixer on YouTube called removing the real cuticle which gives you a thorough understanding. Hope this helps - it's solved all the problems I had.

Hi there,
Talk us through your application, step by step. This way we will be able to troubleshoot your Shellac peeling.
Are you using the CND Lamp?
All the blue film is removed from the lamp?
How do you perform your PEP?
Do you seal each layer of Shellac including base and top coat?
Are you making sure there is no Shellac on the underside of the natural nail?

Sorry for all the questions, but it will help us to eliminate and then advise
XXXX

Latest posts

Back