Help with Tantrick business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Pampered

Reaction score
Helloo

Did my Tantrick training in May 06 very good.
Once I pracised on friends and family I was all systems go.
But have only had 2 clients since. Friends just saw it as a one off. Can't seem to drum up interest not even at work where most are ladies. Work in a call centre.
Should I really offer other services as well. I have tried home course in Essential nails but never seem to get round to finishing it.
Desperate to get out of call centre but could never make a living out of spray tanning like I thought I could.
Any ideas??????
Many many thanks
Karen

Do you advertise at all? Why not try advertising spray tan parties, with the host getting a free tan?

Hi ya Rach

Thanks so much for your reply.
I advertised in local shop windows and layed my business cards out at work and told everyone I know. Thats it though.
Can't think of where else to advertise. I have lost my confidence now as havent had much practise. I did about 15 practise runs in June but that was ages ago its a catch 22.
I know how to do paraffin wax, and am going to get a nvq in mani pedi so maybe that will help.
How do u advertise?

Karen x

Hiya hun, the best thing i can advise you is to always wear one yourself, train someone like your partner or sister etc to do you weekly & you will be a walking advert!!
Also do your essential nails course & do your mani & pedi course then you can offer:
Spray Tans
File & Polish
Basic Manicure
Basic Pedicure
Luxury Manicure
Luxury Pedicure
Nail Extensions
Acrylic / gel toes
& much more also local wholesalers do 1 & 2 day courses in loads of other nail & beauty related things!!
At the moment you have your spray tanning stuff & your EN Course so you dont even have to pay any money for them.
Get motivated & get stuck in xxxxxxxxx

i do spray tanning and i find this time of year seems quiet for me at the mo but Christmas is good. I do all my advertising on myself nails, spray tan and waxing i am a walking bill board and always keep your business cards on you. If i go to a supermarket i always add a business card on the board. I do offers as well free mini manicure with spray tan. All you have to do with the mini man is tidy up free edge and give them a choice of nail polish HTH

Try putting some cards in shop windows, church halls, nurseries, schools, ask friends to put them in their staff rooms at work, maybe a small advert in your local paper or free local magazine - i know i always look in them.

Try places like wedding shops also, things like that.

I'm sure you have just lost your motivation a bit...if i think of any more ideas i will let you know.

Which home course do you have in Essential Nails? Is it gel or acrylic? - Sorry just saw which one it was in your profile! Dur!

:hug:

Ahh thanks so much,all your thoughts are taken on board.
Yes, I think I did loose my motivation especially looking after my son over the long summer holdiays.

Yes I will get into gear and try again with a fresh out look.

Thank you all. Everyone of you are "doing it" I must be able to as well. It sometimes just seems impossible.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I bang out my spray tans nice and cheap, £14.00 for a full body....spray tan people know how much it costs you in solution if you have good equipment with minimal overspray....so I am still making a decent profit for 15 mins work and as a result I get loads of repeat business....doesn't mean I'm not professional though.

It seems that you're mobile, why nor try advertising for pre-hen night parties, pamper parties or pre-wedding parties?

I bang out my spray tans nice and cheap, £14.00 for a full body....spray tan people know how much it costs you in solution if you have good equipment with minimal overspray....so I am still making a decent profit for 15 mins work and as a result I get loads of repeat business....doesn't mean I'm not professional though.

It seems that you're mobile, why nor try advertising for pre-hen night parties, pamper parties or pre-wedding parties?

This is what I do actually.. just a quid dearer.. but I do get regular clients having top ups each week all summer... :)

Latest posts

Back