Help with tracing Certificate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairet

Reaction score
Hi

Hope someone can help me with this.

Last year, I was working in my Sister in Law's Salon. I had all my certificates on the wall in the salon. When I left, all my certificates were given back to me, but my Beauty Certificate was missing. She's not sure whats happened to it:eek:.

I've contact the college I went to, who were no help. They gave me various numbers, which I have rung, but because my certificate was 1989 (I know, I feel ancient), no one seems to be able to help me. It was the IHBC Certificate in Beauty Therapy.

I'm now worried about my insurance etc, as I have no proof of my training.

I just wondered if anyone would have any idea of any place else I could try?

Thanks in advance :hug:

If you had insurance before, that insurer would have a record of your certificate.

Was it an NVQ or VCTC?

Hi Chris

I'm insured with Professional Beauty and they don't ask for copies of your certificate unless a claim is made. I'm so MAD with myself for not taking a copy of it:mad:.

I'm not sure whether it is classed as NVQ or not, that wasn't around when I qualified. All I know it was the IHBC Certificate in Beauty Therapy and it was a two year course at my local college.

Thanks for your reply:).

Possibly a bit naughty I know, and no help to you now (Sorry!) but I actually keep all my certs in a file in a safe place and put colour photocopies up in frames, with the originals available for inspection. Interestingly, no one has ever noticed they're copies!

I started doing this after I lost some important ones (for a different job) during a bad flood in a house when I was younger.

It may just be food for thought for some geeks, if your certs are as precious to you as mine are to me...

I know that this won't be much help but I have ad a similar problem. Before I went to college I did a Star nails course (many years ago). I lost this certificate and when I got in touch with them they said they couldn't help me because I did the course before they had computer records and so they had no record of me. I thought this a bit strange because surely they have to know who has done courses with them for there paperwork.
Anyway I got in touch with the wholesalers where I did the course and they had a record of my payment. Star nails then said that for £10.00 they would send me a new certificate.
Great but then I thought I could of been anyone trying to get a certificate!!!
Catch 22 I think
Anyway good luck with your certificate.

Thanks for your help guys. Looks like I might have to do some one day courses as refreshers for insurance purposes. :irked:

Latest posts

Back