Help with training options!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayleys-pinkies

Reaction score
:wink2: First of all hello to everyone!!

I'm new to the site and I really need some helpful hints and tips on a few things. Ive looked on a few tutorials and past threads which have been a real help but ther e are still a few things i'm unsure on, and i think i need a bit of a confidence boost and some advice from you professionals .

Basically i did 2 courses at my local college, one was manicure and the other artificial nail structures, both were City & Guilds qualifications, which i thought at the time was ok, but now am a bit unsure as i feel like it doesnt really mean anything. I went to book the L&P induction course with creative but when i spoke to the lady who runs it i felt i would nt be good enough to go on the course and chickened out.:cry: Has anyone else taken this qualification?

The artificial nail structures covered gel, fibreglass and acrylic, but i just feel that there are things that im not sure on.
I really like doing acrylic overlays not sculptured as we did cover it but only the basics but feel i need a few tips on mix ratio and tips to buy etc. I have millenium, NSI, and creative books but everything is so different i just dont now what to use. Since passing my exams i have just been practising on friends and family, but i really want to set up and go mobile asap but dont feel confident. HELP ME!:eek:

Also i bought myself the solar manicure professional kit and absolutley love it but scared to use it in case im using it wrong. Would like to do the CND course but surely i dont have to do that in order to use the product and offer it to my clients?

I also wanted to offer a pedicure service but when i did my manicure this wasnt included in the course. Do you have to have a proper qualification in pedicure in order to carry it out or can i just buy a spa pedicure kit for example and follow the instuctions. If not where do i find a pedicure course?

Please help me I could really do with some comforting advice.:hug:

Thankyou

Hayley:)

hi and welcome Hayley.
you sound a little confused hunny... as if you have too much information and don't know what to do with it... maybe this is due to studying all 3 systems aswell as the manicure.
why did you feel you wouldn't be good enough to do the Creative course?
you could do the Spa Mani and Pedi with them too as well as the Liquid + Powder.
If you don't feel good enough to do the induction course then (IMO) you really ought to think about whether you're ready to work on the general public.
You've come to the right place for some advice... there are many nail techs who use this site who will be more than willing to offer you their help.
You don't have to feel so alone anymore :hug: x

The Hotline for Tek support is 0113 275 5719 press 4 for help. No you don't need to do a course but there is nothing like having 'those that know' guide you into using the treatment ranges correctly. Tek support will also help you! ;)

Hayley, hello there!:)

I a mobile beautician and nail tech (only passed nails in April with Star Nails) and wasn't trained with CND although I am hoping to do a conversion course next year.

There are technicians on here using many different systems.

Best thing from my point of view is to start promoting your services. I felt very unsure and uneasy doing nails, due to lack of confidence also.

I've come to the conclusion that although I don't have much faith in myself, the more practice I do the better I will become and the more I will learn.

It's often a case of feel the fear and do it anyway. If you put your worries to one side, run round and promote your business and get out and about doing nails then your confidence will soar.

The other alternative is to get a job in a salon which again would give you experience and build your confidence.

I hope this has helped, feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Best of luck!

Love

Vicky

Hi there,
You have alot to choose from.
All great choices of product & companies for support.

Creative Nail Design Tek Support is a Great place to start & of course
The Nail Geek site.

Now you have decieded to pursue your nail career/business.
The skills you have now are what you will base your service's on.

Your manicure skills now need to be translated to paper.
You can assess the level & style of manicure you feel confident delivering
& what you need to futher your knowledge in this area.

Highly recommend the Creative Spa Maincure & Pedicure class & system.

The above same would apply to your Enhancement skills.
Again I would recommend Creative Nail Design for furthered education.

Good luck with your choices & remember to Have Fun!!!!!!

XX J XX

Thanks very much to everyone who has given me some helpful advise i really appreciate it.
I just feel a bit apprehensive and i paid £500 to do the courses i did but feel they were not that good.:)

Hayleys-pinkies said:
Thanks very much to everyone who has given me some helpful advise i really appreciate it.
I just feel a bit apprehensive and i paid £500 to do the courses i did but feel they were not that good.:)

Colleges are excellent when it comes to beauty etc but ask any one and they will tell you that when it comes to nails - shop around, send for details - ask people who have attended courses their opinions. No one can teach about a company's product plus the backup etc than the company itself... HTH's:)

Latest posts

Back