Help with wages!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babyg23

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you could all provide a little bit of advice!

Ive just taken over a salon and the woman that owned it previously is staying on as an employee and has to for 12 months that was part of the business agreement. Shes asked me to put together a package for her and Im new to the industry and new to being an employer.

I want to make the package attractive as id like her to know im not taking the mick out of her and id like her to stay on after the compulsory 12 months.

Could someone give me a bit of advice on what to pay her either hourly or salary and what kind of commission to pay her!!! She has alot of experience working 8 years as a nail technician and after having my own nails done for 13 years i know shes very good at what she does!!!

Any help would be REALLY appreciated!!!!

xxx:)

Hi:

I'm surprised you didn't come to an agreement in respect to wages with the ex-owner before you took over the salon. My best advice to you as a business owner myself is to do a little bit of research work around your area to find out how much experienced nail techs get paid. If you know she is very good at what she does she will then bring good profits to your business providing she keeps busy all the time. You can pay an unexperienced nail tech anything from the minimum wage onwards. Qualified and experienced nail techs can be paid from £6.50-£9 ph. You will need to weight the amount of clients she can make per day and how much you are charging your customers to calculate how much profit you can make from your employee.

Do you have a contract? Did you also take on some more employees?How much did this lady pay them?

Hope this help. All the best

Latest posts

Back