Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siobhan1983

Reaction score
My friend has decided that she no longer wants tip enhancements, she has now asked me to put the acrylic on her natural nails so she can allow them to grow...is this ok? She is a nail biter so I am worried.

Can anyone offer their advice??

:)

Are you trained in acrylics hun

I'm not exactly sure what you mean hun. Do you mean you have always put tips on and then the L+P? But now she just wants a natural nail overlay?

Yes it is ok to do this.

If she is a nail biter, she probably doesn't have any free edge. Does she want you to sculpt a free edge? If she just wants pink over her bitten nails they are obviously going to be short, but maybe this is what she wants to get out of the biting habit? However, if she has been biting when she's had the enhancements you've put on previously, just having an NNO is unlikely to stop her.

If you mean she wants to let her nails grow, you can still keep her enhancements on and let her nails grow, rebalancing and replacing the white whilst taking the length down each time by the amount it has grown. Eventually she will end up with an NNO as her natural nail grows under the enhancement, but will still have lovely looking nails during the time she is growing them.

HTH xx

I am trained and have completed a few acrylic sets, had a problem with the prep but it's all sorted now. I just wasn't sure if it is safe to apply acrylic without applying tips!

I am trained and have completed a few acrylic sets, had a problem with the prep but it's all sorted now. I just wasn't sure if it is safe to apply acrylic without applying tips!

Of course it is.......and if you are qualified come away out of the Consumer Queries and into the professional Nail Geek forum....
You know you want to lol:lol: ;)

Latest posts

Back