Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAffer

Reaction score
I'm new to this...so hope it all goes well :lol:. I did the IBD gel course 2 years ago, and love working with and wearing it. I no longer work as a technician, and have recently moved to Hampshire and DESPERATE to find a tech using gel. I'm no acrylic fan!!! PS I'm based in Winchester. Do hope I can get some help as my nails are dire!

there is a salon within the gym at river park, am sure they do gels

there is a salon within the gym at river park, am sure they do gels
Thanks for that Claire, I have tried them already, and unfortunately don't do gel. Btw, they're also no longer at the Leisure Centre, but have moved into the town. CAN't believe no-one around here does gel ;-((

What about contacting Grafton International, they distribute IBD gel and might be able to tell you who uses it in your area.

I've just gone onto yell.com and typed in 'nail technician' in Winchester, it came up with loads of results. You'd have to do a bit of phoning around but it may be worth it.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I've done the phone round thing, and even gone so far as being told (in 2 instances) that they did gel nails, made the appointment only to be told once I'd arrived, that they infact they didn't do gel, but seeing as I's there, I might as well try acrylics. NAUGHTY!!! At the moment looks as tho' I'll just have to continue driving to Birmingham every few weeks to get have them done! Not ideal but thanx for your trying to help!

Is having "acrylic" really out of the question...? you know that gel is also acrylic....and all this hype about gel being better for your nails is rubbish.

Just thought I'd mention it as it might help with making your decision. x

Thanks for that Bagpuss...have tried that too! They say old habits die hard!! That'd be me!! I HATED the acrylics that looked very 'fake' compared to what I'm used to with the gels. So much so, drove back to Birmingham (a 4 hour return trip) to have them removed by my old technician, and had a new set of gels applied. Obviously would like NOT to have to do this every few weeks. Am awaiting a call from Grafton as recommended and am hopeful I will get a positive outcome. I'd NEVER have thought it'd be so much of a chore!

I think that all the effort you are putting into trying to find a gel tech is pretty silly myself......as angie has said....gel is also acrylic! You should put your efforts into finding a great technician....it is the tech that will ultimately determine how the nails look....i.e whether they look fake or natural...not whether they use gel or acrylic!

i agree with the others, its not the type of product (l&l vs. gel) that looks fake, its how they're applied, you acutally shouldnt be able to tell the difference in the look finished product ... you just need to find a tech who knows what they're doing:)

There used to be one on Oxford Street (Southampton) where I used to have mine done and they used gel, think they moved to Ocean Village.
There was also one on East Street (again Southampton) that did gels, its been taken over but may still provide the same services.

Latest posts

Back