Helpful advice for a complete beginner please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loveday

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would really like some advice about nail tehnician courses for complete beginners please.

I live in the South West and have found a course by CND and a course by NSI. I have heard great things about CND but I have little knowledge about NSI. The course run by NSI is based in Yeovil and is close to me and I was wondering if anyone knows if the course is any good and what the tutor was like?

Time is on my side as I would like to do my course and carry on practising and learning for a few years before I start professionally and start charging people because I want to be able to provide the best set of nails and start my career at a high standard.

Many thanks!

Hiya,

I would highly recommend NSI as i'm sure would a lot of geeks on here. It is a great course and you will not regret choosing them. I have used NSI for 2 years now and haven't had any problems with it. It is a great product to use whether you're doing L&P or Gel. They have also just bought out a new soak off gel, which i have yet to try but would definitely recommend doing a course with them - i can't fault them and their customer service is fantastic.

HTH's :hug:

xxxxx

I am also a beginner, the only nails I have done are my own. I've had a look at the NSI website and they offer so many courses. Any ideas on where it is best to start?

Hi Loveday,

I enquired about both courses you are talking about but the NSI course in youville was a bit of a wait has i was told the educater only ran the course about 3 times a year has she lived in france???
I choose to train with Hannah at CND has she is available all year round and your Foundation training does'nt just stop there, you will want to build ontop of your initial training.
I would call both Hannah and the youville branch and have a chat and decide which you think is best for you long term.

For CND you can talk to any of the 6 lovely ladies in the Education Sales Department at "Sweet Squared" the home of CND in the UK on 08452106060 ... they will guide you and send you any information you may need. There is no greater reputation for training and products than that of CND .. absolutely.

Oh that's brilliant! Thank you very much for enquiring about the courses. I am definately swaying towards CND. Not only have I heard only positive things about them, I like the fact that they really promote the support they offer to people after completion of their courses. I will probably have to travel that little bit further, but distance shouldn't really count towards the choice of a course if it's going to be my future career!

Latest posts

Back