Hen day/night prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billie

Reaction score
Hi

just need to pick your brains

I have been asked to do a hen day soon

its for 20 to 30 ladies

and its for hand massages, foot massages, head massages and manicures possibly pedicures

I am thinking of the prices

should i charge £5 per 10 min massage and £10 for a mini manicure ( as it will take longer)

or should I ask for a flat rate for the time I am there. Its for 5 hours possibly longer

not sure what to do as its my first one really

look forward to your advise

Billie xx

How on earth are you goign to manange to do all that lot on your own even with the time scale iven. i would make an appoinmtent sheet and get them to book in and give thema list of treatments and prices then they can decide prior what they want and you know exactly what your doing on who and at what time. might be worthwhiel though gettign an extra pai of hands in to help.

to be honest i just had the call so its just being absorbed

thats a great idea about the timesheet

the lady who rang said she wansts it really laid back and fun

but I dont want to be disorganised

she will confirm tomorrow but that s a good idea

mind you i cant imagine all will want it done

CHeers

Billie x

Hi

further to my email

my lady rang last night and said that 20 people were coming to the hen day abut not all would want to have something done

the time she wants me is from 1 till 6 and maybe longer

I dont know how to play it

would it be better if I asked for a price per person or a flat hourly rate

i just dont want to be in a position of not doing anything for a while

can any one advise

from my conversations the organiser wants it to be relaxing and so the thought of worrying if someone has paid or not would defeat that

can anyone help me please and tell me what they would charge

Thanks

Billie

Its a difficult one - might be better to charge a flat rate per hour incase you are there for 5 hours + and only have 3 or 4 clients?!

thanks for coming back

I think the same as well

I am just about to ring her and suggest an hourly rate and then she can decide if she wants to charge her friends or not

I was going to suggest £50 an hour

is that too steep or not enough

It is on the bank holiday sunday

thanks for you reply

Billie

Hi, Personally for that many people I would offer your services on an hourly rate, I do pamper parties but for up to 8 people at half hour per person and charge them £12 per half hour.
It could get very confusing if you start charging per treatment.
If I got asked to do 20 people I would be taking at least one more therapist with me.
I had a kids nail party to do the other week, there were 12 children there and I took another therapist with me otherwise I would have been there for 6 hours.
I paid the therapist myself.
I think for a job like that I would be charging in the region of £30 per hour but that would cover the other therapists wages also.
thats just my opinion.
You will have a brill time.

OOOps just read its on the bank holiday sunday, Yes quote her £50. If she says she will get back to you and doesn't you can always give her a follow up phone call in a couple of days to lower your price slightly.

thanks

it has made it clearer in my mind now

and i can phone her back with confidence

thanks guys

Billie x

all sorted

more than happy with an hourly rate and then she can charge her family and friends accordingly

thanks

dont know what i would do without your advice

thanks again

Billie

Hi

an update on this

I am a bit disappointed

I quoted £50 and hour for the sunday of the bankholiday

and they said yes and now they have come back saying they think its too much

but they cant say howmany would want it done

could be 30 people but most likely 20 people but then it could be 15

I said that as they dont really know how many people then I suggested I charged £10 per person

But they haven come back to me

was I too expensive?

any advise would be good

Billie x

What treatments would you be doing?
How long would the treatment be?
How much would you usually charge for this sort of treatment?
Are you working alone or taking someone else with you?

well they wanted hand, foot or head massages and manicures

they said there would be 20 -30 people but they werent sure how many wanted it done. she said maybe all of them or maybe some of them she wasnt sure.

i thought of a flat rate and then i would be hanging about but i suppose it could of gone the other way and i would have been busy

Its hard to know really as I have never done more than 4 people before and I would normally charge £15 and spend about 30 - 40 mins on them doing manicures

Tough one

still its a learning curve

Billie x

Its a tough one, did she not give any indication of how much she would be willing to pay?
if it were me I would definately be taking someone along with me, more than 4 people and someone goes with me.
i would sit down with a pen and paper, write down all the treatments you could offer within 30 minutes and a minimum price you would be willing to take for them
i.e. I would do a mini manicure for £15 for 30 minutes
same for back massage, head massage etc.
If theres 20 people there you would be there for 5 hours if there were 2 of you and you could make £150 but would obviously have to pay the other therapist out of that.
You would obviously be working on a Sunday but at the same time if you put the price up too much she might not want it and you've lost out on what could be a good little earner for you.
Write down what you are going to offer, say £40 per hour and what would be your minimum, say £30, and phone her and discuss it, she can only say no.

Will there be a stripper there ? Do you have to include him in the prices?

hi

thats exactly what i went back with

but she wanted me to charge £5 per person for 10 mins

which i was fine about

but then worried incase i didnt have many people

hi

thats exactly what i went back with

but she wanted me to charge £5 per person for 10 mins

which i was fine about

but then worried incase i didnt have many people

It will be an experience and you will know more about the right way of doing this next time you get asked. I did a hen night party and charged £6 per mini manicure (didnt offer anything else as it would have been too much to take with me) and that was about 10-15 mins per treatment depending on what their nails were like. I just puched back the cuticles, shaped the nails, made them all the same length, did a either a one coloured enamel or a quick French polish on them and a rub with hand cream to finish. Did 10 that evening with no trouble and wasnt working flat out either. Was there abut 2.5 hours, even had time to have a quick drink and ate some food too in that time. I also got myself some new clients who were at the hen night (take price lists and retail items with you..... I sold solar oil, scentsations lotion and washes when I was there. I hope it all goes ok.

Latest posts

Back