Herbal Life, anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
So I'm starting herbal life in order to loose some weight for the summer. Has anyone done the diet, got any tips? Favourite shakes or recipes?
Would love to hear them? My order should come Monday morning so I'm starting then. Love x

it's great one of my friends is a rep for them and has done the 4 week plan and lost loads on it , strawberry shake is nice as well as the fat burning tea :) hope u get on with it

I haven't posted on here for ages but I have to for this.

I did herbalife a couple years ago and it's the worst decision I ever made.

Yes it worked but I am about to undergo a 2nd operation thanks to the "diet" causing me gallstones. Just 2 nights ago I was on the verge of calling 999 in agony but I passed out so couldn't but I was seen the next day at a and e and am on very strong painkillers again while I wait for my next appointment.

If you google and research it it is a very common thing to happen with high protein meal replacement plans.

Go with something like slimming world which is much much healthier for you and won't leave you in my position which is laid on the couch with 4 scars and a bloated stomach unable to lift my children.

Didn't lose a single pound in 3 weeks and followed it to a T!!! Even excersised more! 😡

Yikes just thought I'd share my success of my first week on herbalife. 7lb off & feel brill xx

My sister lost 4 stone with them, then her hair started to fall out, then she put it all back on:sad:

I'm on it, lost a couple of pounds but my fat percentage has gone down and my muscle weight gone up. I feel healthier and fitter and look better too. I would say don't be disheartened by losing not weight as technically I've lost two pounds but I know it's just with muscle gain.

Thanks ladies. I feel so much more healthier :)

DO NOT GO ON THIS DIET!!!!!

I looked into this briefly as someone was trying to get me to be a rep and the reviews were good.
The company is genuine but the product is not.
If you read the ingredients especially on the shakes you will see that the first and biggest ingredient is soy isolate protein - and women must avoid all soy like the plague.
I got really into my fitness and nutrition a few years back so I know my stuff these days, soy is not a health food, it's a multi billion dollar industry in America promoting it as this but it's not. Soy is an excessively over produced product that increases women's eostrogen - something we do not need, this in turn makes us gain weight , so avoid this if you want to lose the belly fat. Then look at the protein bars - full of glucose fructose syrup - again all the rubbish u must avoid to lose weight.

I don't doubt it makes u lose weight, of course it will when you reduce your calorie intake for a period of time - but long term you will gain weight back and even more.

Eat well and weight train ladies - it's the only way to do it - but please avoid this over priced rubbish !

Juice plus is much healthier!

DO NOT GO ON THIS DIET!!!!!

I looked into this briefly as someone was trying to get me to be a rep and the reviews were good.
The company is genuine but the product is not.
If you read the ingredients especially on the shakes you will see that the first and biggest ingredient is soy isolate protein - and women must avoid all soy like the plague.
I got really into my fitness and nutrition a few years back so I know my stuff these days, soy is not a health food, it's a multi billion dollar industry in America promoting it as this but it's not. Soy is an excessively over produced product that increases women's eostrogen - something we do not need, this in turn makes us gain weight , so avoid this if you want to lose the belly fat. Then look at the protein bars - full of glucose fructose syrup - again all the rubbish u must avoid to lose weight.

I don't doubt it makes u lose weight, of course it will when you reduce your calorie intake for a period of time - but long term you will gain weight back and even more.

Eat well and weight train ladies - it's the only way to do it - but please avoid this over priced rubbish !

Sensible advice. Gillian Michaels says something about if it didn't grow out the ground or didn't have a mother, don't eat it. Most processed food is not great. Good wholesome food.

Did cambridge some years back and it worked, went from a size 16-18 to a size 10 in about 8-12 weeks. Kept it off for a couple of years, until it crept back up as a result of eating bueno bars - my sugar craving went through the roof.

In the last couple of months I've lost nearly a stone by eating *real* food, instead of processes. Brown pasta instead of white. If I have rice, it'll be a tiny portion of about a table spoon, rest is protein and veg. Cook from fresh.

The biggest of all is drink plenty of water (hot and cold) and cut out processed sugar or at least cut down.

It's so tempting to reach for the quick when the sun's out, I know as I still get those thoughts of four weeks on cambridge and I'll lose a couple of stone.

Good luck Jojo, you look tiny from your avatar - but then only we know how we feel in our own skin xx

It seemed a good idea at the time... But I didn't lose any weight.
I was doing lots of cardio too, the scales never changed :-(

My friend has done great on it, she's a rep for them... She also rarely eats :s

x x

A friend of mine is a "Wellness Coach" for them and went from a size 18-8 in about 6 months...she looks amazing! And so she inspired me to start doing it before Christmas.

Another friend of mine also wanted to lose weight so she started eating healthily and treats in moderation. I was having 2 shakes a day and a light meal in the evening.

We exercised with each other everyday for about 3 months & we both lost the same amount of weight.

Herbalife also made me believe that I was lactose intolerant due to constantly being bloated and having tummy issues, so I switched to drinking the shakes with lactose free milk...however I'm not lactose intolerant...since I stopped doing HL my tummy has improved...I've even tried the "Free From" range and that made my tummy really bad too!

Tbh, I think eating healthily and in proportion is far better than any meal replacement diet.

I agree with the people who say to avoid. I bought this and paid a fortune, did not lose a pound. I started eating a little healthier and joined the gym only last week and have already lost 3 inches and 2lbs, it's given me so much motivation.
The best advice I've been given is to eat like a cave man. X

I did the diet, and yes like any calorie reducing diet would do, I did lose weight. When I lost heart with the ethics of the company that were selling it, I started eating food again (how bad does that sound...). That actually made me quite angry, as it felt like I was learning how to eat cereal again, like really over thinking it. Felt totally brainwashed. The food is very expensive and the ingredients are debatable. The tea used to have an addictive drug in them beginning with "a" and they got taken to court in America for having it in, so they substituted it for a Chinese herb of some sort. If you read up on it you'll find it. Do a sensible diet that involves food... Weight watchers, slimming world or rosemary conley... Something like that!

Further to this :
If herbalife is such a great company then why do they allow anybody to sell their products for them.
Surely those selling it should know the brand, be carefully selected by the company who should want the best people to represent their brand.

Just to make you all aware, Herbalife isn't actually a diet, it doesn't cut out anything at all, everything that you should have as part of a healthy diet is included within the products, just minus the excess crap and chemicals that go into shop bought food. If anyone is telling you it will make you lose weight, find another rep that has done the adequate training, it strips away excess fat and creates lean muscle instead. I am a distributer, I train my team to know exactly what they are talking about including all the scientific side of things and I am also using the products myself. I've always been a size 8, wanted to stay a size 8 but to be healthy and fit, I now have curves in the right places (yes it is possible for a size 8 to have excess wobble before anyone jumps on me for that comment) and have never felt healthier in my life. I don't agree with diets in any way shape or form, Herbalife is completely different

And to add....there are different programmes to go on or move over to, to suit what your end goal actually is. I had a lot of people who were dubious about the initial cost, but everyone has noticed an increase in their bank balance by the end of the month by not buying a sandwich from tescos, a chocolate bar or drink from the garage etc.

Latest posts

Back