Here we go again, nails breathing!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consumer magazines don't help either, they are very quick to endorse these myths. Does your head in, but we battle away.

What is happening here?? It makes me cringe that people...so called trained people are making these statements.

Come on, why is a margin left around the cuticle??

No it's not for oxygen for crying out loud or when wearing gloves your freaking hands would sufficate!!! Oxygen is transported in our blood and this is the only way we use oxygen it is not absorbed through our nails. Surely to god people don't believe this twaddle. Has no one ever heard of over exposure??

THIS IS WHY A MARGIN IS LEFT!!!!!!!!! ahhhh:irked:

:lol::lol: Shocking eh?:lol::lol:

There are parts of our body that need to "Breath" the cornea for instance has no blood vessels running to it so it needs the oxygen in the air to oxygenate the water in our eyes to get oxygen. However, as the nails and surrounding area are attached to our circulation via blood vessels etc then they get their oxygen thru the blood and do not need to get surface air to survive.

I agree that your nails always feel soft once enhancements are removed, but i compare this to a band aid if you take a band aid off the tissue underneath is soft and once the air get to it dries out and hardens just like our nails do.

There are parts of our body that need to "Breath" the cornea for instance has no blood vessels running to it so it needs the oxygen in the air to oxygenate the water in our eyes to get oxygen. However, as the nails and surrounding area are attached to our circulation via blood vessels etc then they get their oxygen thru the blood and do not need to get surface air to survive.

I agree that your nails always feel soft once enhancements are removed, but i compare this to a band aid if you take a band aid off the tissue underneath is soft and once the air get to it dries out and hardens just like our nails do.
Very Well said...:)

Latest posts

Back