Hey, old timers! This is for you!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thread is pre-shellac/gel polish mania....

i wonder what some of the geeks who posted here think of it...such a pity a lot of them don't seem to be on here anymore

and yes i would be an old timer too!:lol:

i do regular refresher courses/workshops a year to keep up to speed , i think otherwise you can get very stale...an update day definatly revives your mojo

Last edited:
I would qualify as a "old timer" (both age, and years in business) and i'm sooo still learning new stuff. Sculpted gel nails are my Nemesis at this moment, but i will wrangle it! Its coming along slower than i'd like, but patience is a good thing.
I have no idea what's next in store for me, but bring it on. I'll be looking for a new distraction soon!!!! :)

Oooh I love old threads being resurrected :)

I'd be classed as an old timer - I'm 10 years in the industry and I'm loving my job more now than ever before. I love the fact that this industry is evolving and I wonder what will be around the corner for us.

There's a new influx of 'nail technicians' out there at the moment and it's sad to think that a lot of them don't have the first clue how to use liquid and powder, gel or even know the basics like how to shape a natural nail and remove cuticle.

I'm proud to say that I worked very hard to get where I am today and I now have a very successful business.

Luck had nothing to do with it! ;)

We'll have to bump this thread up again in 2015 and see what we're all up to in another 3 years. EEEeekkk :eek:

Oooh I love old threads being resurrected :)

We'll have to bump this thread up again in 2015 and see what we're all up to in another 3 years. EEEeekkk :eek:

:Scared: I'll be really old then! :Scared:

Ha! Just seen the date on the original post lol - no mention of Shellac, I don't think? Was that introduced the following year?

Excellent thread though, whenever it was started, and no less relevant today.

After 10 years in nails I'm definitely an old timer! I have to admit, I am a little guilt of doing same old same old and it is very comfortable! In the area I work in, most of my clients are very conventional and I haven't really been stretched.

I've introduced glitter tips, French l&p, Hollywood toes, rockstars and of course Shellac.

But I've had an interest in nail art so have learnt (but not mastered) the one-sroke technique which is admired a lot and is very impressive to do..... also dabbling with Shellac nail art and glitter fades and especially loving the animal prints.

Ooh and dabbled with 3d bows recently in l&p which have been successful but I've no intention of doing anything too fancy....to my mind that stuff looks better on a cake.

I've added spray tanning to my treatment list too and am going to introduce Minx in the Spring.

Still feel like Pop its is cheating though :lol: ok shoot me now :Scared: Agreed I can't do a set of tip & overlays in 40 minutes though . . . . but having mastered the application of l&p to the point where I hardly ever get lifting, I'm loathe to dabble with a different application which may be quicker to apply but possibly a damn sight longer to infill....... actually can you infill Pop its?

Latest posts

Back