Hi i am new.. training advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

***vicci***

Reaction score
hi am 24 and have always wanted to be self empld nail tec, so i have booked and paid for a course nr manchester with creative nails, it is run over 4 days with a 2week gap inbetween, > it cost £350.. do you think this is all genuine? will i be able to work as s/e or in a salon from this course ? if so why do people go to college for years studying ?
thank you x:irked::rolleyes:

Hi,

First can i be the first to say welcome to the mad house and ur addiction starts here....lol...

but as for your question please contact sweet squared they can put your mind at ease about who you are booking with and if they are registered to certificate. 08452106060. They are great peeps and will do there best for you...good luck..... :lol:

:lol:thank you so much, i'll give the a ring xx

Hi, I've just completed a basic 2 day training in uv gel (The Edge). It is purely for personal use and not as a profession. I previously had Calgel (french manicure) applied every 4 weeks and love it however I am finding the gel I have trained in to be very hard and brittle. Can anyone suggest another system that is more flexible. If a piece breaks off it feels like hard plastic, not the softer texture I am familiar with in Calgel. I have tried The Edge soak off but it is similarly brittle. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hiya

I have just enrolled in a four day acrylic nail course too, the course is entity, its run the same way 2 days to start with then 2 weeks off to practice, back for a day and then off again for 2 weeks then back for the assesment.

As for going to college I think it's because they cover a lot more topics than just nails, people go to college to do beauty therapy and they are taught everything they need to know.

I am hoping to do the nail course and then progress onto lashes, tanning and waxing and then I will look at massage etc. I too would love to work for myself, I set up a small wedding stationery company, which has been going for a year now but sad to say I really don't enjoy it, it started as a hobby and then others pushed me to do more and more and by the time i had spent a fortune I couldnt turn back, but i've decided that enough is enough and i need to do what makes me happy ... so im starting from scratch on the beauty side and im so excited!! :D

xx

Latest posts

Back