Hi lights to full head blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamylocks

Reaction score
Hi I have a client coming today for a skin test and consultation. She has previously full head of high lights but doesn't feel like they every get close enough to the root, so she wants to go to a full head of blonDe tint. I've just passed my level two and I haven't tried a hi lift tint yet. I'm not sure of her virgin base colour just yet. I was thinking of using a 10/81 9% then tone with the same ct 1.9 to even out. Or try a rusk hi lift in a neutral 9% maybe 12% then tone with a 10.13b. ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-03-12-32-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-03-12-32-20.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 287
Hi I have a client coming today for a skin test and consultation. She has previously full head of high lights but doesn't feel like they every get close enough to the root, so she wants to go to a full head of blonDe tint. I've just passed my level two and I haven't tried a hi lift tint yet. I'm not sure of her virgin base colour just yet. I was thinking of using a 10/81 9% then tone with the same ct 1.9 to even out. Or try a rusk hi lift in a neutral 9% maybe 12% then tone with a 10.13b. ?

You mean 12/81? 10 line isn't a highlift. Unless she's a 9 then you need 12%. Then you could tone with illumina 10/69.

You need to bare in mind that you will not be able to get her hair as light as it is now all over with just a tint. Does she want to go a darker blonde, or be blonder?

Let us know when you find out her natural base as its essential to picking the right colour x

If you just tint the roots it will look AWFUL!

Even though she is very blonde she still has a fair amount of natural running through.

You will have a gold band on the root and highlights on the ends.

I do this and pack or bayalage tons of pre lightener on the ends.

Just because someone is very blonde or dislikes the roots doesn't mean you can just do a root tint. Also point out if they don't like roots how will they feel with a regrowth after 4 weeks and having to have their hair coloured every 4 weeks.

Ok so do I recommend her just having a full head of highlights again ? Or could I try scalp bleach and tone after, maybe foiling any natural hair also?

She wants this colour and to go lighter. But this to be looks darker than what she is? Maybe looks like a illumina colour / tone ?

Attachments

• 1415020807680.jpg
    1415020807680.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 240
This is a closer pic of her of
Roots maybe a 5/6 base?

Attachments

• 1415020902344.jpg
    1415020902344.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 247
I agree with what has been said. Of cause highlights never get perfectly close to the scalp but an all over blonde is quite a commitment.
Single process blonding results in warmer looking shades closer to her skintone. Suddenly the eyebrows get very contrasting as there is no ashy base inbetween. Also highlights tend to lift cleaner.
That doesn't mean she can't be a happy all over blonde but keep in mind this is a different look.

In order to select the right shade you must determine her natural level first.

She wants this colour and to go lighter. But this to be looks darker than what she is? Maybe looks like a illumina colour / tone ?

That's highlights

This is a closer pic of her of
Roots maybe a 5/6 base?

Hard to tell. You must look at her regrowth. What does it look like at her parting and then beneath her crown?

She says she goes every 4 weeks any way so she wouldn't mind the up keep just wants to try something different I think. I really don't want to create a band. The Saturdays pic looks like 10/36 illumina to me? Could I get the lift with a 6% cream bleach then tone with that after ?

That pic is not a level 10 all over!

I would say level 10 highlights against a level 8 background.

That pic is not a level 10 all over!

I would say level 10 highlights against a level 8 background.

Sorry colour girl I didn't understand your first surgestion. Why would I balayage on the ends of the hair ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

To lighten the dark areas

Ok to paint on rather than foil out. What would I do to stop a band if I did try high lift tint or will this just not work?

Unless your using a premium bleach I wouldn't do it, it would involve a lot of overlapping to get rid of the natural hair and to be honest her hair does look like it can take it.

It looks like it's being done with 40vol for over an hour. It's not really going to look silky smooth like that pic more like a patch work quilt

Unless your using a premium bleach I wouldn't do it, it would involve a lot of overlapping to get rid of the natural hair and to be honest her hair does look like it can take it.

It looks like it's being done with 40vol for over an hour. It's not really going to look silky smooth like that pic more like a patch work quilt

Lol I have no hope then!! I was going to use blondor cream bleach but not used it before so I'm unsure? I will tell her not to come, I have just qualified and I'm so eager to just start but still haven't got experience with what I need to know.

Do you offer any colour training privately?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

What a fab idea!

But there are not enough hours in the day.

😕 I really need more salon experience. It's hard going straight to mobile as you have no one to ask x

I would agree it's hard x

Latest posts

Back