Hi new here and need help as I am a student

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janieski

Reaction score
H i all ( waves) new here tonight, I am currently doing the VTCT NVQ Beauty therapy course level 2, and in my second week in, its an adult learners course so very intensive as we only go in two days a week, and I just feel like im falling behind already as they go through things so quick! lol I need help with homework task set, I have been given a 5 page form to fill in as if I work in a beauty salon and its mostly to do with health and safety its called the " Beauty assignment action plan" ... just trying to fill it now and already lost:smack: has anyone on here done this, can you help me, im so lost in it here is just one question for example is " did you receive training when you first joined the company? what did it involve e'g training day or hand book"
another "have you had a product for safe usage? if so what did it consist of and how long was it?" :eek: OMG are they talking about say mixing up eyebrow tinting for example?

Well I don't know as never worked in a salon environment yet, obviously you would shown around how to work equipment and where fire escape access is and first aid and fire extinguishers etc but how would you write it up, there's loads of questions like this and I am meant to know as if I work in a salon...Help

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand. Are you meant to answer as if you were working in a salon and write about 'best practice'?

If that is the case, answer as if you worked in a salon and how you would ideally do it - so you would say
I did receive training. It was a full day and the salon was closed so I was able to ask lots of questions. You can elaborate on it - that you covered substances that were hazardous etc. and ensured client safety....

As for product training, you would say that you had been sent on courses to cover the training the companies offer etc.

Alternatively, you could make out you work for a rubbish salon that offers no training - a lot quicker, but no marks lol.

Apologies if I have got completely the wrong end of the stick!!!

Good luck x

The first question you enquirer about would be easy enough to answer. Did you receive training and how was it given? We're you given a demonstration or just told to read a manual etc...

Regards product for safe usage, I would imagine they are referring to eg. Chemicals in products you are using, how to use them safely for both yourself, your colleagues and clients. Another example may be the safe use of tools. Has your college given you any textbooks or notes to guide you? Do you have a course tutor you can refer to?

Hey I did the same course as you but last year, just had a look through my assignment pack but wasn't asked any questions like that in our health and safety section, not until the end of the actual pack and by then we'd had a bit of experience in our salon at the college, so we just answered from that.. If I was you I'd talk to you tutor next time your in and she'll be able to help, I'm sure ya not the only one confused by it :) good luck x

Hi
Don't worry about falling behind, I finished level 2 months before the deadline. You will get the time to practise & learn etc...
Just try to keep on top of things. I found the level 2 beauty therapy book helpful with homework. Everything should be in there.I would read it at bed time after the kids went to bed.

Also I used YouTube a lot, it was my tutor at home, lol.

The one thing I regret is not trying to find clients to practise on at home. Once you practise on them they are likely to become regulars and put your name out there.

When taking a vocational qualification you often have to refer to things as if you are working in industry (even if you're not). Approach the essay from this perspective.

Don't be afraid to ask your tutor to help you with the written element of the course. ..that's what they're there for.

Thanks Girl's xx great replies and you all seem so friendly xx much appreciated, I'm still plodding through this homework coursework but getting easier I think haha xxx Thanks again xxx

What page is it on? I'm doing that exact course il have a look through mine now x

I've just completed this section last week. I'm just finishing the course. Tutor told me to answer as though I was a trainee therapist in a salon and answer with 'best practice' working methods x

I sympathise with you, i did VTCT level 2 & 3 & then level 2 in nail technology. The questions are worded so badly & so repetitive! have you been given yourr VTCT book yet? if so go through that, what you need to answer/cover will be in there. For both practical & theory.
Good Luck with it! I know it seems like you will never finish, but believe me, it does all come together in the end.

H i all ( waves) new here tonight, I am currently doing the VTCT NVQ Beauty therapy course level 2, and in my second week in, its an adult learners course so very intensive as we only go in two days a week, and I just feel like im falling behind already as they go through things so quick! lol I need help with homework task set, I have been given a 5 page form to fill in as if I work in a beauty salon and its mostly to do with health and safety its called the " Beauty assignment action plan" ... just trying to fill it now and already lost:smack: has anyone on here done this, can you help me, im so lost in it here is just one question for example is " did you receive training when you first joined the company? what did it involve e'g training day or hand book"
another "have you had a product for safe usage? if so what did it consist of and how long was it?" :eek: OMG are they talking about say mixing up eyebrow tinting for example?

Well I don't know as never worked in a salon environment yet, obviously you would shown around how to work equipment and where fire escape access is and first aid and fire extinguishers etc but how would you write it up, there's loads of questions like this and I am meant to know as if I work in a salon...Help

Thanks

I'm doing the same course at Darlington College (North East). I do 2 nights a week and it is very fast paced but you are also expected to do another 6 hrs at least at home (reading, researching and practising). - I presume you have the text book? I've found mine a really good source of information.

I think the idea is to 'pretend' the college is a place of work - which it is really, its set up like a salon and we have paying clients to enable us to pass our assessments. If you think of it like that, you can probably answer the questions easier. I haven't had an assignment yet!

Good luck and keep going, sweetie! :hug:

Latest posts

Back