Hiccups are a bit of a problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Ive never had hiccups whilst in the salon, until today and oh my word what a problem that caused. Doing eyelash extensions and nail art with them is impossible! really. Imagine if i had poked her in the eye.....Luckily i managed to stay quiet long enough and breath slowly enough to control them and they went but I hope i dont get them ever again lol!

Note- holding breath wont help either as that means you get light headed and nearly fall off your stool! :o

A spoonfull of sugar always clears my hiccups.... incase you get them again!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

My partner laughs at me when I have hiccups. Apparently they are weird and sound more like really bad wretching than hiccups lol

I love hiccups! Its sneezes that i find an inconvenience i hate them which is a nightmare with hayfever and other allergies lol.
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I hate hiccups! Once i get them i get them alllllll day long ): really annoying when your trying to eat/smoke/sleep/talk & do hair! Grrrr xx

Oh gosh my hiccups are awful, not only are they incredibly LOUD, they actually come out with so much force that after 10 minutes I'm in pain! I've never found a cure (thanks, mum, who always had me drink vinegar by the tablespoon).

xx

This works EVERY time for me. Take a glass of water, put your upper lip on the far side of the glass as you slowly bend at the waist. when you bend low enough, slowly tip the glass so the water pours into your mouth. Swallow, and stand up. Drinking water upside down ALWAYS gets rid of my hiccups. It looks funny, so don't do it around someone the first time or you will end up laughing and snorting the water instead. :)

Hi. Actually holding your breath does work but only if you take the deepest breath through your mouth so it stretches your diaphragm. You don't need to hold it for more than 3 seconds (it can make you lightheaded but shouldn't make you pass out).
Hiccups are caused by an involuntary contraction of the diaphragm (like cramp). I'm a brass player and singer and was a singing teacher, I deal with hiccups a lot xx

Vicky I get allergies everyday too! Today. Have allergies a cold and hiccups! Luckily I've had only 1 client today. Still hiccuping! Lol

Latest posts

Back