High pressure sun beds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imagesbeauty

Reaction score
Hi, has anybody heard or used the new high pressure sunbeds, they sound great and 'they say that it is good for your skin' sounds to good to be true. They say you see a difference like a dake tan in only 3 sessions.

not heard of them but don't use sunbeds anymore anyway,
I am loving spray tanning.
did you see them in a magazine?

As you say 'too good to be true'
If something sounds it...... it probably is...!

how can something which changes the dna of your skin be good for it?????
I woulnd't touch them with the longest 'barge pole'
Think very seriously before you get involved with sunbeds, the damage takes approx 15/20 years to show - either with premature ageing or skincancer.
skin cancer is no joke!
Too many people are blase about it.

For all you sunworshippers out there...... don't think that its only red-head fair people who are at risk, if you have moles you are at BIG risk. More so actually because they turn into the most deadly type of skin cancer (malignant melanoma).
I wonder how many of you smoke?
Would you use a sunbed if it carried a Government health warning????

Spraytan, spraytan, spraytan. instant and safe!

Ok. lecture over!! Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

Whats hot.......... SPRAY TANNING whats not......sunbeds.... no no no.:(

If I may I would like to just pass a valid comment here.....before my life in spraytan for some 5 years now I was the MD of the largest distributor of UV lamps in Europe so I am lucky in that I know a thing or two about both subjects...

To correct a myth sunbeds(or UV) is extreemly good and healthy for you ..it is both used for cosmetic apearance (i.E. for atan)for wellnes benifits and it is used extensivley for the treatment of a number of skin problems.

There is scientific evidence that proves UV is good for you for both the skin and is extreemly benifical in wellness promotion and the development of bone structure as well as many other benifits..

Unfortunatley the problem is one of over usage(exposure) ...the consumer demanded ever faster tans so the manufacturers produced ever more owerfull lamps...this has undoubatably caused more harm than good..

You can be completly safe with UV sunbeds..go for less powerfull ones which means longer softer sessions..you will feel better and get a better tan that lasts longer.

So which one is best..well a spraytan is completly safe so no risks involved and you do get a quick tan effect...UV (Sunbeds) are also good for you in smaller low powered doses.

if you combine them then you get the benifits of both...."spraytan cocktail"

Remember an occasional glass of red wine is good for you...a bottle a night isn't..same applies to the use of sunbeds.

Good luck and be safe

I've not heard of them either

Where did you see or hear about them?

I've not heard of them either

Where did you see or hear about them?

The most experianced company that you could talk to in the UK about these is UVL in Preston..they know everything about lamps..tele 01772 790093
I am confident they will be of great help to you
Good luck:hug:

ok I'm not a skin geek so my opinion here is purely from a consumer point of view.

I dont use sunbeds because I'm aware of the risks. If someone offered me a "safe" sunbed, even if it came with certificates and the business, I still wouldnt touch it. No way. Sunbeds are bad, end of.

The hairdressers where I work are barking mad. There's a lady in our building who does spray tan, yet they still buy "minutes" at the sunbed place across the road. One nipped over for a few minutes during her lunch last week. When she came back she actually said "Those sunbeds are brilliant, I only had 6 minutes and I can feel myself burning":eek::eek::eek:. Lordy lordy, I wanted to shake her and say "Can you actually hear what you are saying????".

NO, I think consumers would still hear "sunbed" rather than "safe", except the ones who already use sunbeds and (as shown above) clearly dont give two hoots about cancer or skin damage.

Take care:hug:

Latest posts

Back