Highlift tint is the bain of my life!!!! HELP ME

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luc21

Reaction score
hey,
i had a client the other day and did a highlift tint majiblond 901s just regrowth, thing is its come up like 903 really really gold! Ive never heard of toing a highlift tint as it would be the distabution of pigment that would make this happen but i have a theory that if i was to pre soften the hair it would grab on to the toner a little, has any1 tried this? does anyone have any suggestions that would work that dont involve highlights or re-colouring as i dont want to comprimise the condition of the hair, she is in first thin tomo morning and am panicking please help?:rolleyes:

I hate Highlifts aswel . They always go gold 90% of the time . I have used 901 in richesse as a toner for about 5 mins but be careful you don't leave it on long or put it in lighter / whiter areas as will go Greyish

did it work well ? am stressing way to much about it but is a new job dnt wanna have to re-tint

worked well for what i needed it just took away that illuminous golden glow

11n in goldwell comes up very blonde with fewer brassy tones than majiblond. If I was using maji I'd pop a sprinkle of bleach with it but 11n is the best in my belief. Try a semi RIchesse to also get rid of tones frosted milkshake is enough for gold tones.

Another trick with majiblonde is to mix, apply as usual, then apply a bit more neat tint on the parting area for the last 15 mins of development. Gives it an extra shot of ammonia and really lifts out the brass tones. xx

Another trick with majiblonde is to mix, apply as usual, then apply a bit more neat tint on the parting area for the last 15 mins of development. Gives it an extra shot of ammonia and really lifts out the brass tones. xx

Don't suppose you know if this works with the Wella highlifts aswel do you? :biggrin: xx

no idea. sorry not a wella user.

I have found majiblonde does this but next regrowth it looks much better as will blend in, I would always do 911&901s with 40 for 45 mins, making sure u take small sections also re-applying the colour half way though with new mixture for extra boost, looks lovely as a regrowth tint with hi- lights to
:)

hey,
i had a client the other day and did a highlift tint majiblond 901s just regrowth, thing is its come up like 903 really really gold! Ive never heard of toing a highlift tint as it would be the distabution of pigment that would make this happen but i have a theory that if i was to pre soften the hair it would grab on to the toner a little, has any1 tried this? does anyone have any suggestions that would work that dont involve highlights or re-colouring as i dont want to comprimise the condition of the hair, she is in first thin tomo morning and am panicking please help?:rolleyes:
OMG the exact same thing happened to me when I used this colour!! I even used Frosted Milkshake to try and remove the copper but it wasn't that good. I left it a few weeks and did a re-growth but still the same problem. I have given up and tomorrow I am highlighting with bleach again...lucky it's on my Mum :biggrin:

Ooo I'm gonna try that :)

was it a big root area> i find if it is the heat of scalp makes it root area lift lighter... try 12.1 wella ans sprinkle of bleach xx

ust admit i love wella 12.0 12.1 but UL-N is great to dont you just hate root glow, i know i do :rolleyes:

omg nothig worked had to highlight it in the end ive always hated highlift tint this has just confirmed y lol thanks 4 all ur advice tho x

Just read throiugh this thread, I know you have solved the issue now but just wanted to add that I think the best toner for golden tones is Luo P01 and P02. They are designed for global colours and I absolutely swear by them, I have seen them take some incredible warm tones out of hair. You are not technically supposed to use them on highlights but I have done in the past providing I am watching the hair. P01 is excellent for really orangy tones and P02 is brilliant for yellowy tones. You just have to watch like a hawk that it doesn't grab and apply to the root at the very last minute.

Just read throiugh this thread, I know you have solved the issue now but just wanted to add that I think the best toner for golden tones is Luo P01 and P02. They are designed for global colours and I absolutely swear by them, I have seen them take some incredible warm tones out of hair. You are not technically supposed to use them on highlights but I have done in the past providing I am watching the hair. P01 is excellent for really orangy tones and P02 is brilliant for yellowy tones. You just have to watch like a hawk that it doesn't grab and apply to the root at the very last minute.

i use p01 on my own hair it is amazing but very risky lol but i am addicted an let it grab til the very last second i possibly can b4 turning blue

Latest posts

Back