Highlight help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca whitty

Reaction score
hi there evryone,a bit of advice please,you are always so helpful.my client is a base 5,and was having bleach highlights,she wanted them toning down,so for her last two appointments ive wacked thru foils with 6/77 + spot of 0/33 mostly underneath and sides,then alternated 7/7 and 8/7 and 6/77 thru the top,she now feels that its gone ginger and she needs blonde putting thru again,but dosnt want the bleach,if i put a bit of bleach in with 12/89and alternate with say 8/7 with 9%,do you think this would be o.k?sorry for the essay xxxxx

is her hair holding on to the warmth , but losing the depth?

If she is a 5 I would go through with an ash or cendre hi-lift and then put a violet toner over the lot to take the warmth out. If those colours you are using are Wella??? They are quite warm. Most people at base 5 throw up a lot of warmth (unless she is a very ash brown) so I always go in with an ash, sometimes even a beige.

I wouldn't be putting bleach in with my hi-lifts as it will de-stabilise the tone, bad habits to be getting into! :)

hi here,thankyou for your replies,the hair is looking more ginger on the regrowth since ive been applying the darker colours,the ends are holding the tone quite well tho,i dont generally as a rule add bleach to hi lifts,if i do its only a tiny amount,say half a fingernail,jst to get little bit extra lift on a base 5,jst thought it would break up the regrowth area and help blend mid lengths and ends.:hug:

i would go for 12/11 or even 12/81 do some test pieces first on a base 5 even though you are going to still get warmth it wont be as warm as the 12/89 the problem with a base 5 and highlift your gonna get the orange undertones which can still after a few weeks make the highlift even a very ash..quite brassy unless you do root regrowth more often...
i tried adding bleach to my 12/11 mix to try on myself and didnt notice any difference at all...so maybe a 12/11 and a toner such as wella colour fresh silver toners for inbetween...but a base of 5 will thow off slight brassiness to all highlift tones ...

have you tried the extra lifting meche colours that you mix with a sachet ? these are really good and lift much more than a hi-lift. you could alternate thesewith a hi-lift and maybe do less colour so some of her natural will get mixed in each time. 8/7 is a brilliant colour for toning ends ,but again you will still get the warmth at the root

Adding bleach to a hi-lift is a bad habit to get into. It does nothing but de-stabilise the tone in the tint.

Schwartzkopf do a bleaching system called blondeme which is great for darker hair and is very gentle on the hair. You can also get some great toners in that range for those ends :)

thanks everso for all your replies ladies,im moving over from loreal to wella,so when you mention extra lift meches,is blondor the same as majimeche?this sounds like a good idea,thanks liana,looking through previous threads,yours and minkys are ones that i enjoy reading through,as i find you both make perfect sense,scotty dolly too.it helps loads.:hug::hug:

Hi,

Blondor is bleach Wella's equivalent to Loreal Majimeche is Blondor Lightening System which is really nice, stronger than a high lift but slightly less abrasive than a bleach. In reponse to your client she may not ever be happy with her hair in regards to it looking too warm if you don't use a bleach, as she'll be used to that ashy colour you get from bleach and will compare a tint to look ginger against what she's used to!
XxX

Latest posts

Back