Highlighting hair, how do YOU do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MInky thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!! l dont know is it same really bezouz here we dont have them at all but silver lady they use in america and l think it is the same thing.Just one more thing tell me this 0/6 is semi ok but l have to mix it with something couz it is cream (as permanent colour or no?) and if it is not peroxide than what is it?

First I must say sorry to mobile hair for posting on her thread :smack:

Hi, naca here is a link for the 0/6 in colour fresh toner , you put it on shampooed hair towel dry it first , roots first ends last you dont mix anything with it :)

WELLA COLOR FRESH SILVER - VIOLET 0.6 (75ml)

Hi Minky, no prob posting on my thread it's interesting to read!! By the way I'm a HIM not a HER! :)

Hi Minky, no prob posting on my thread it's interesting to read!! By the way I'm a HIM not a HER! :)

Lol :) x oopsy , :o it was a good thread , very interesting , :)

Lol :) x oopsy , :o it was a good thread , very interesting , :)

No prob Minky!! :lol: Still interested to hear anyone elses views on how they highlight hair ... Where do you start your sections (nape, sides crown? etc), how many sections (hot cross bun or 9 section? etc) what products (bleach, meche, highlift tint?) any other tips and help!!!! :wink2:

Hi, well sometimes I will start at the very top at the front of the hairline if they are only having a few highlights,
but usually I start at the nape if its a full head of highlights , I dont put as many around /under the ocittipal bone area as there is no point , but I usually put some more in this area at alternate appointments but not each time :)

You know, there are different styles to highlight too. If you have a chance to see different techniques, some of them might save lots of time. We wre tought in a college, that the weaving movement goes from the wrist. Apparently if you weav as if you were sawing with a needle, it does take lots of time. If you weav by moving the whole of your hand up and down, this cuts off lots of time and once you have mastered this, it does make you quick.
So as well as a practise, look at your technique. This may be holding a key on your weaving.

Latest posts

Back