Highlighting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichelleCruise

Reaction score
Hi

just been watching tutorial videos a few by Daniel galvin on scissor boy! I have noticed then when he is doing his sections he has 1, roughly inch n half 2 inch wide either side of partin going back to crown rather then a 2 inch section goin back thru centre as I was taught.. Can anyone tell me why? Is this a better technique to use?

Also when hes doing his highlights sometimes he seems to do these sections horizontally up towards parting and some he does vertically back on both section? Again I was only taught to go back thru centre section? Can anyone advice on this also??
Sorry is this is long winded! Xx

Sounds like he's using a herringbone technique which gives less colour on parting. :)

so will he be using this technique when he is wanting a more natural look? and which is this technique? horizontal up to parting or vertical alongside parting?
xx

ive seen the video also i think. . . there are so many different ways to do ur sectioning for foils, depending on effect desired. . . i was taught bog standard foils up two sections at the back, one strip up each side and then str8 back from hairline to behind crown, i quite often stick to this pattern, but i do foils across the parting from the crown for a few foils, then i do foils from hairline back for a few, till i have a perfect square of hair left on the top section then i very finely weave foils in the opposite direction, like over the parting, it gives a much more natural fall when the colours complet. . . .

im pretty sure i just rambled. . .sorry. . hahah x

That sound good way! Seems similar to what he does to be honest as he always sections "a small box" at the front of head, which he does from hair line to crown then the crown section he does up towards hairline, leaving the 2 sides which he does up to parting xx

By doing the foils at an angle up to the parting you also dont get that stripey look when the hair is pulled back off the face :) xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

By doing the foils at an angle up to the parting you also dont get that stripey look when the hair is pulled back off the face :) xXx

If you do lots of fine foils you don't get striped look

If you do lots of fine foils you don't get striped look

Yeah i know hun, but i often see people wearing pony tails with big stripes on the sides of their heads! Personally i prefer going up the sides and over the parting at an angle anyway xXx

Latest posts

Back