highlights unsure of using a 10/1 or 12.1

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
hi everyone i have a new client who has shoulder length virgin hair base of 6/0 more towards a 5 with about 50% grey she wants natural looking highlights but i was thinking of doing a base of 6/0 mixed with 6/1( to neutralise the warmth) and doing foils of ..now i cannot decide if a 10.1 or a 12.1 if the 10.1 will show and if a 12.1 will show too much iykwim...she is a bit of a tom boy doesnt wear make up etc and wants minimal upkeep but a nice natural look...she has had highlights once in her life she says about 20 years a go...with the percentage of grey i dont think just highlights would be enough hence doing a base colour and foiled highlights instead of just highlights....
her hair is quite fine but coarse
I am using wella
thanks for your advice xxxx

I'd go with 10 line, as by the time u have tint on etc they will be lifted well x

could you not do half the foils in 10/1 and the other in 12/1 (alternating). That way you might get the best of both worlds... had a client who was a base 6 with some grey and put 12/61 with 12% in. It lifted well, but it didn't go quite as light as I wanted it to so I wouldn't worry about it lifting too much. I guess it depends on the individual just to confuse things
kate x

could you not do half the foils in 10/1 and the other in 12/1 (alternating). That way you might get the best of both worlds... had a client who was a base 6 with some grey and put 12/61 with 12% in. It lifted well, but it didn't go quite as light as I wanted it to so I wouldn't worry about it lifting too much. I guess it depends on the individual just to confuse things
kate x

hadnt thought of alternating.. Ithink that would be a good option kate.
thank you again everyone xxxx

kate x

Good thinking lol :hug: x

Latest posts

Back