Hit and miss spray from gun. Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gattia

Reaction score
:irked:
While I am doing my tans the spray coming from the gun is a bit 'hit n miss'. I am dealing with is by re spraying over the area or doing a full mist over in circular spray. Any ideas why this is happening. The gun is clean. the filter is clean.

Hi

Mine has done this aswell and I think this might be because my needle was bent. Cant be sure though.

Steve from Nouvatan seems to know all there is about guns/ machines and how to fix them. Maybe give him a pm if you get stuck. He is so helpful and I didnt even get my machine from him.

Will definately watch and see what other people think as mine seemed to stop and start almost without warning.

Sorry cant help further

Lisa

Mine was doing this and I found the tube from the gun to the pot wasn't in firm enough?

mine has done this aswell it was one of two things 1 the bottle not screwed on tight enough 2 the little plastic tube inside the bottle
that goes up into the gun not pushed in far enough :)
I thought it was my needle but it wasnt as got a new one and it was the same but did both the thigs I said and mine is fine now

ah so maybe I need to adjust the plastic thingy then.will give that a try too. thanks

Well I had already thought it might be because the cup wasn't screwed on tight enough so I made sure it was. I know its not the needle because I am the only one to use it and I am SOOOOOO careful not to drop, bang or damage it. I wondered if it could be the ring/seal that sits between the gun and where the cup screws in ? ? Its so frustrating because obviously we all want every tan we do to be perfect. :grr:

Well I had already thought it might be because the cup wasn't screwed on tight enough so I made sure it was. I know its not the needle because I am the only one to use it and I am SOOOOOO careful not to drop, bang or damage it. I wondered if it could be the ring/seal that sits between the gun and where the cup screws in ? ? Its so frustrating because obviously we all want every tan we do to be perfect. :grr:

Is it a T200 machine you have there.

things to try so as to properly diagnose what element of the gun is not functioning properly

1) pull out the pick up hose and put Vaseline around the tube and pop it back in...does it now work properly

2) take out the pick up hose and remove the white plastic disk and pop the hose back in and see if that cures it

3) pop out the white "O" ring that sits inside where the cup screws in...be careful not to damage it and put it back in but upside sown...then put Vaseline around the seal and the inside of the cup screw thread...then spray...does this sort the problem

do let us know which one of these remedies cures the problem as therein lies the answer as to how to fix permanently with say a new cup or a pick up hose or a bla bla bla :hug:

Colin - did 1 and 3. Working perfectly now. Thank you:lol:

Colin - did 1 and 3. Working perfectly now. Thank you:lol:

That's great :hug:

If/when it starts playing up again order a new "o" ring(they get crushed with constant screwing in of the cup and a new pick up hose...the part that connects to the gin gets worn and air leaks

Glad your sorted for now though :hug:

Collin on the T200 what part do you mean when you say pick up hose?

Collin on the T200 what part do you mean when you say pick up hose?

Hey Kate...hows Dublin tonight?

The pick up hose is the white plastic tube that sticks down from the gun into the pot and ...well...picks up the solution that's in the pot and is sucked up into the gun.....if this seal isn't tight air gets in and causes intermittent spray patterns..or "spotting" as in this case.

Once you know how its very easy to rectify...good old Vaseline is such a versatile thing to have in the bathroom cabinet :hug:

Dublin Collin is excellent tonight!! Hope to see a bit of it this weekend!

Okay I understand what you mean, its happened to me. Vaseline good to know!

Thank you

Dublin Collin is excellent tonight!! Hope to see a bit of it this weekend!

Okay I understand what you mean, its happened to me. Vaseline good to know!

Thank you

Pleasure :hug:...can I go to bed now :hug:

Latest posts

Back