HIVE 1000cc & Berins Blue Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
I have my heater at the lowest it will go with the lid covering (not tight) as I am not waxing constantly. Even with the wax heater at its lowest, Berins Blue still melts completely and I understand that it should be kept solid in the centre and just melted on the outside for best workability.

Any suggestions how I can achieve the best temperature for the wax?

Do you think I should leave the lid off completely even when I am not using the wax?

Thanks!:hug:

I have my heater at the lowest it will go with the lid covering (not tight) as I am not waxing constantly. Even with the wax heater at its lowest, Berins Blue still melts completely and I understand that it should be kept solid in the centre and just melted on the outside for best workability.

Do you think I should leave the lid off completely even when I am not using the wax?

Is it a digitally controlled heater and is the room also very warm.?

you might want to try the jet set which has a higher melting temperature and may work better for you...same stuff basically:hug:
?

I have my hive heater on number 2 for Berins Blue and if I keep the lid on all day it melts through. I leave the lid off once I have initally warmed it up at the start of day and this seems to keep it at the right consistency. If you think its a little too warm then add a few more beads which will cool it down a bit, if its getting a bit too gloopy in the middle.. then pop the lid on for a little while.

If you are not having problems working with it on clients and its not too hot when you test it on your arm then don't worry about it Chris. I personally certainly wouldn't change it to the Jet as that is even more temperamental in keeping its temperature.

When you have used it a while, you get used to seeing the consistency on a spatula and know that its the right temperature. I can't remember the last time I tested on my arm. I just know the product so well now. When doing intimate waxing I do occasionally add a few extra beads as that area can be a little extra sensitive to the heat.

Stick with the Blue as its a beautiful wax to use (in my humble opinion :) )

:hug:

I have my Hive heater on 2 also to warm it up but once it's warmed i have it on either 1 or 1 1/2 depending on how much wax is in the pot.
My wax in the middle does melt sometimes if i forget to take the lid off or turn it down :irked:
It shouldn't me solid in the middle, just gloopy.
As long as it forms a nice 'ball' on the end then it's fine.

Latest posts

Back