Hive compact wax heater - metal handle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
i've just received my Hive compact wax heater (200ml)

med_OPT5300_DetailMain.jpg

in the box there was a metal handle ( similar design to a grill pan handle) but there's nothing in the instructions to identify what it's for?

does anyone who has the above heater know what it is?

Hiya is it one that opens and has plastic then metal at the top to grip if so then that's just to help you get the actual metal inner heater out of the actual heater whilst it's still hot as the wax can conjeal between the two metal compartments leaving if near impossible to get out to clean etc. If it's a bar then that slots on top of the heater where there are 2 small holes to help with excess wax to ensure the spatula has the correct amount of wax on there to make the application easier hth x x :) hive wax heaters are v gd we use them throughout n never seem to have problems with them :) I'll try n get u a pic of the handle thing lol

Hiya is it one that opens and has plastic then metal at the top to grip if so then that's just to help you get the actual metal inner heater out of the actual heater whilst it's still hot as the wax can conjeal between the two metal compartments leaving if near impossible to get out to clean etc. If it's a bar then that slots on top of the heater where there are 2 small holes to help with excess wax to ensure the spatula has the correct amount of wax on there to make the application easier hth x x :) hive wax heaters are v gd we use them throughout n never seem to have problems with them :) I'll try n get u a pic of the handle thing lol

it looks nothing like a bar to remove excess wax (no holes in top of heater)

i can't post a picture of it as get an error when i try but the end of the handle looks similar to this..
mMg-ULOJ9Vr1n5QHlzIEH-Q.jpg

but it's about 5 inches long, flatter and all metal (as opposed to the plastic handle on the picture)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381879420.254789.jpg

Can only find this 1 can't find a pic of the handle/ gripper device :(

That's to grip the inner heater out of the actual wax pot Hun :)

I use it occasionally but usually I just get a wax strip out it over the heater lift it out place it on another wax strip as I'm cleaning the inner bit whilst it's still on then put the inner bit in with the wax inside backk into the pot they r weird looking things and I've googled n googled the name of them but no luck :) your your pic looks v like it lol hth x

That's to grip the inner heater out of the actual wax pot Hun :)

my heater doesn't have an internal pot that can be lifted out - it's fixed into the unit - it's a tiny heater, holding only 200ml so wax has to be decanted??

You shouldn't be decanting into the actual heater as you will damage the elements... you need to buy a inner pot separately or just use the actual wax plastic pot that you've bought :) that's why they gave you that device why they didn't give you a inner pot I don't know. Hth x x

You shouldn't be decanting into the actual heater as you will damage the elements... you need to buy a inner pot separately or just use the actual wax plastic pot that you've bought :) that's why they gave you that device why they didn't give you a inner pot I don't know. Hth x x

200ml wax pots don't exist -do they? This heater is tiny, i think you've no choice BUT to decant as there's no inner pot, nor is there meant to be one apparently....

sent Hive an email last night asking what the tool was for - their reply "Apologies but that metal part is not required for that heater – packed incorrectly – please disregard."

mystery solved!!!

Hi I also have this heater and got the little metal handle with mine aswel lol never new what it was for so just never used the handle. Lol x

Latest posts

Back