hollywood/brazilian help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose14

Reaction score
hi i've recently qualified in level 2 beauty and waxing is one of my most enjoyable treatments so i'm considering investing in a starter kit so i can do treatments on some of my friends whilst i do my level 3. but when i was in college we we're only taught a basic bikini wax (although i did do a brazilian but my tutor required my client keep her thong on). i was wondering if any geeks could give me some advice. when you do a brazilian do you wax off the whole under area? also on a hollywood can you give me some advice on how to wax the butt area and how close should you be getting to the actual vaginal area as i know some hair does on this area but am i right to assume you should not wax inside the lips? Sorry if i sound crude but i don't know how else to explain clearly what i mean.

thank you,

Sarah-Rose :hug:

hey - good to see you are getting stuck in babe! xx

Hi Sarah, you need to do an intimate waxing course to be covered by your insurance. I think the intimate waxing is a minefield without the proper training (I know as I attempted it on my mum :eek: oops! weel she did ask me to:lol:) plus for intimate you need to use hot wax as it is a lot gentler, when I did my training the tutor said I had 1mm of skin missing at the labia from being strip waxed for years :mad:. There are a couple of trainers that come on to this site that I know of Kim lawless the wax queen & Joe90. hth xx

thanks i think i've found a make up course to start soon its fashion and photographic make up so i think that will be a good starting point. now i've started i can't get enough :green: lol xxx

thanks i think i've found a make up course to start soon its fashion and photographic make up so i think that will be a good starting point. now i've started i can't get enough :green: lol xxx

Good stuff!! Glad you found one! You will love it more and more as you go on, be patient :) xx

Hi Sarah, you need to do an intimate waxing course to be covered by your insurance. I think the intimate waxing is a minefield without the proper training (I know as I attempted it on my mum :eek: oops! weel she did ask me to:lol:) plus for intimate you need to use hot wax as it is a lot gentler, when I did my training the tutor said I had 1mm of skin missing at the labia from being strip waxed for years :mad:. There are a couple of trainers that come on to this site that I know of Kim lawless the wax queen & Joe90. hth xx

sorry but what does hth mean I've seen it loads sorry if it's obvious pmslxx

A brazilian wax is everything removed from the front and back and a small landing strip left. Hollywood is everything off.
I really wouldn't attempt to do it without adequate training though.
There are some great trainers on here you can look up.
Also if someone wants all the hair removed, then they want ALL the hair removed and that includes the outer and inner labia!

hth = hope this helps :) no worries I did'nt know when I first came on to the salon geek either lol xx

thanks i was looking in to a course in a local college that was supposed to start next week but unfortunately its been cancelled and might be running again in february so i'll wait until that starts b4 i do anything on anyone! its just seems that when i talk to friends about waxing they all want a hollywood or brazilian. also is it worth buying a wax pot heater starter kit or do you think i would be better off with the tubes? the only thing is i haven't been trained with the tubes but i've heard their cleaner, easier to use and more efficient.

thank you :hug:

thanks i was looking in to a course in a local college that was supposed to start next week but unfortunately its been cancelled and might be running again in february so i'll wait until that starts b4 i do anything on anyone! its just seems that when i talk to friends about waxing they all want a hollywood or brazilian. also is it worth buying a wax pot heater starter kit or do you think i would be better off with the tubes? the only thing is i haven't been trained with the tubes but i've heard their cleaner, easier to use and more efficient.

thank you :hug:

Yep most ladies want it all off these days as do I lol but defo do the training first hun, I bought the student starter kit but was taught in all methods, tube, roller, and pot. Thats a bit strange they did'nt train you in all. I prefer pot but could just be as I'm a leftie :green:
If you are cleaning area to be waxed 1st applying barrier (eg talc or oil) its fine to redip apart from bikini and intimate I just use a new spatula each time as they dont cost much! not sure about the cost effectiveness for roller/tubes but sure someone will be able o tell you xx

Yep most ladies want it all off these days as do I lol but defo do the training first hun, I bought the student starter kit but was taught in all methods, tube, roller, and pot. Thats a bit strange they did'nt train you in all. I prefer pot but could just be as I'm a leftie :green:
If you are cleaning area to be waxed 1st applying barrier (eg talc or oil) its fine to redip apart from bikini and intimate I just use a new spatula each time as they dont cost much! not sure about the cost effectiveness for roller/tubes but sure someone will be able o tell you xx

i learned the lesson about talc and oil the hard way i had a hollywood by a therapist who didn't use any and i couldn't walk for a week :eek:. i don't know why we didn't get trained in all wax techniques i just suppose its what equipment the college has. i think i'd probably be best to stick to pot anyway as it'll prob work out more cost effective as i'm only just starting out.

xxx

ouch! lol have you used pot at all? just as It has a knack to it you may have this naturally but I found the spatula twirling hard to start with! lol I'd actually contact the college and ask why they did not train you in all systems and say you would like some follow up training with pot xx

i learned the lesson about talc and oil the hard way i had a hollywood by a therapist who didn't use any and i couldn't walk for a week :eek:. i don't know why we didn't get trained in all wax techniques i just suppose its what equipment the college has. i think i'd probably be best to stick to pot anyway as it'll prob work out more cost effective as i'm only just starting out.

xxx

ouch! lol have you used pot at all? just as It has a knack to it you may have this naturally but I found the spatula twirling hard to start with! lol I'd actually contact the college and ask why they did not train you in all systems and say you would like some follow up training with pot xx

i have trained in pot but thats the only one i did. i can't really ask for more training as i've recently moved to the other end of the country. i think it might be because pot heaters were the only equipment the college had. i did miss a bit of college because i was in and out of hospital so i finished the course late but i don't recall anyone mentioning that i'd missed any other techniques in wax and my tutor never mentioned it. the only wax heaters i saw in the college were pot ones so i genuinely think they just taught what they had. i'm gonna try do an intimate waxing course and fingers crossed they might show me some other techniques.

:hug:

Two other geeks told you this but you may have missed it, it means hope this helps.

I don't think she missed it, I think it just got duplicated. Gremlins in the works! :)

sorry was late at night thought you had said you only trained with the tubes, I'm a tube! lol xx

i have trained in pot but thats the only one i did. i can't really ask for more training as i've recently moved to the other end of the country. i think it might be because pot heaters were the only equipment the college had. i did miss a bit of college because i was in and out of hospital so i finished the course late but i don't recall anyone mentioning that i'd missed any other techniques in wax and my tutor never mentioned it. the only wax heaters i saw in the college were pot ones so i genuinely think they just taught what they had. i'm gonna try do an intimate waxing course and fingers crossed they might show me some other techniques.

:hug:

ha ha ha thanx for all your help people x

Latest posts

Back