Hollywood on large lady

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellideb

Nails & Beauty
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just received an email of a lovely sounding lady enquiring as to whether or not it's possible for her to have a Hollywood wax as she's approx. 20stone. Although I'm trained in Kim Lawless waxing, and I'm very confident in my technique, I've not actually waxed an obese person before and I'm wondering if it's possible with all the skin folds, being able to pull the skin taught, access to all the nooks and crannies and whether the couch is up to it. Advice and tips much welcome please.

Hi, I can't comment on your couch but you can check the weight limit. I've never had a problem with any of my couches.

I have done a few larger ladies around this size. I book out a little more time for my own comfort. They have been fine to wax. I just get them to help me out a little.

Usually there is a tummy overhang so I get them to hold it up and do the top of the bikini. Then they can let go and I've got an easy access hairless section to finish the end of my wax.

You might find instead of having both legs bent out you need to do one at a time, or you can get them to hang their leg off of the bed, whichever is more comfortable.

I just try and make it as normal as possible for these ladies so they don't feel any embarrassment. You will most likely find that she becomes a good customer because she will know she can come to you, no judgement and get a great result x

Exactly as Flawless says. Allow plenty of time and get the client to help you stretch the skin. You do sometimes feel like you need extra hands for all the stretching but as long as your client can help, you'll be fine. You might need to get a little more creative with leg positions etc and for getting round the back & underneath. It can be a little more difficult getting into the 'nooks & crannies' ! ;) I guess the fact that she's emailed you and is obviously concerned that her weight will be a problem, just try to make the experience as relaxed as possible for her, so she feels comfortable & sees there's no need for her to be embarrassed. I've got several large ladies who come for intimate waxing, and although it does take me longer, with practice I've got it sussed. x

Just to say this is great to see. I'm not yet trained in intimate waxing but I am big and it's nice to see there are therapists that want to be able treat us and find ways to make us comfortable. I wish you lived near me!

Thank you for the replies, I feel more confident now I think. Just plenty of stretching and asking her to help. I'd hate for anyone to feel uncomfortable now matter what their size so thanks everyone for your advice.

Latest posts

Back