Home based or rent a space?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine Armani

Reaction score
Hello 😄

I'm still trying to work out if I'm going to base my business in another salon or stay home based once I've qualified in hair, what are the pros and cons in renting a space?
I'm currently home based and don't really have an amazing set up I just use a little space for hair extensions, eventually if I decide to stay home based I'm planning on converting my garage.
What are your thoughts?
From what I've experienced being home based can get pretty boring especially with clients that aren't talkative which doesn't bother me but it's always nice to have other hairdressers and clients around, also another con for me being home based is that I'm not entirely comfortable giving my home address to clients!
I guess you gotta do what you gotta do but I've never been %100 comfortable with the idea of letting strangers in my home, also another thing is I still live with my parents and I have extremely woggy parents with no volume control! Talking is shouting for them and as much as I tell them to try to stay quiet they are still extremely loud!

I also don't like the thought of running my business from someone else's salon.
Would be great if you could share your experiences, I don't mean to sound picky but for me being comfortable in your work environment is pretty important!
Thank you xx

Latest posts

Back