Home learn UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairehams26

Reaction score
Has anyone done the home learn uk nail tech course if so what do you think of it?

I haven't yet but am ordering it today :)

Ohh good luck hope you do well xx

Hi, Yes I have done a Home Learning Course. I thoroughly enjoyed it:)

I have learned so much; including everything from Salon Conduct, DIseases, Chemicals, Cell Structure, Skeletal Structure, Nail Anatomy, Dermatology, through to Manicures, pedicures, Sanitation, UV GEls, L & P, Fiberglass and Silk:lol:

Obviously this is only a small portion of what's actually in the course. The only thing I would clarify with the course provider is what is actually included in the course. Unfortunately I learned the hard way:smack:. There was nothing included in the kit to allow you to practice the Gel, L & P, Fiberglass etc I had to go into Sally's and purchase all of it myself at extra cost. The course itself was £595 (special offer) then the cost of everything else on top was a few hundred pound. So please please check this out before you decide on the course as some providers do include a full kit.

Sorry for the long reply but I felt the need to add my 2 pence.:hug:

Was that one with the company called home Learn Sass? i trained with EN last year :D xx

Hi sass who was the course with? Sounds good!

Hi Girls,

The company I went with is "UK Open Learning Ltd".

Nail Technician Distance Learning Course for just £389: Study at Home with UK Open Learning Distance Learning Correspondence Courses

Hope this link works - they have revised their price list (again!) £389.00

But like I say, apart from basic manicure items, you get very little else.

I would definately do some homework and compare the kits for the price of the course.

But I had a great Tutor who was very helpful and clarified everything for me. I would recommend this course, but it cannot compete with 1-on-1 (although I do wonder after reading alot of threads on here about the poor performance of some of the tutors in the colleges these days?)

If you want to know more info about this course please message me and I will tell you whatever you want to know.:hug:

Last edited:
I did my course with home learn uk. The course content was good, to nvq standard, and I got the l& p kit with mine. The tutor was helpful too. BUT... They sent me my certificate before I'd even finished which made me doubt the validity of it and I ended up doing a practical session with a local trainer because without that I couldn't get the insurance I wanted. The l & p they supply is not great quality and made it harder to learn and I couldn't have done it without the help and advice of my qualified sister in law who has kind of mentored me. All in all it gave me a good start but if I was doing it all again I would save up and go for a foundation course with a reputable supplier. I think it would have been cheaper in the long run anyway.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the heads up i think i might give that one a miss!

If it helps I read somewhere that Nail Harmony are running evening courses, one night a week for 20 weeks pay as you go... many people would recommend CND and I now use OPI Absolute (absolute dream compared to The Edge products supplied by Home Learn UK) but there are loads of different companies offering foundation training. I really don't think you can beat hands on training :)

Hi, Yes I have done a Home Learning Course. I thoroughly enjoyed it:)

I have learned so much; including everything from Salon Conduct, DIseases, Chemicals, Cell Structure, Skeletal Structure, Nail Anatomy, Dermatology, through to Manicures, pedicures, Sanitation, UV GEls, L & P, Fiberglass and Silk:lol:

Obviously this is only a small portion of what's actually in the course. The only thing I would clarify with the course provider is what is actually included in the course. Unfortunately I learned the hard way:smack:. There was nothing included in the kit to allow you to practice the Gel, L & P, Fiberglass etc I had to go into Sally's and purchase all of it myself at extra cost. The course itself was £595 (special offer) then the cost of everything else on top was a few hundred pound. So please please check this out before you decide on the course as some providers do include a full kit.

Sorry for the long reply but I felt the need to add my 2 pence.:hug:

If you are going to spend this kind of money on a course, you would be better contacting Sweet Squared and going to class. The cost of the course includes your products, you just will the just need to replenish stocks as you use them. There really is no substitute for hands on classroom learning, it's a great way to network too, finding friends who are like minded with their passion for this industry. Sweet Squared will also be with you every step of the way, with a dedicated knowledgeable customer care team, any questions you have are easily answered by this friendly, helpful team. Telephone 08452106060. Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back