Home phone for business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nateice

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if I can you my home landline for for my business. I run a home salon and only have a landline for my broadband, we never use it for incomming calls. It just seems pointless to get another line installed when we have one already.

Does anyone know if there are any implications for doing this?

Many thanks x

I always thought you needed a business line for a business.

i work from home and use my home number

I had an extra line put in my house for business. It was for my card machine. I also had a thing called call sign in my house phone. This was a different phone number but the same phone and it had a different ring. We all used to listen and my girls would shout WORK and not answer it.

BT definitely knew it was for business use and it was never a problem.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for the advice, I have not informed anyone as I know they will only try selling me a business line. I dont see the need when I do not use my home line for anything, what is the point in installing an extra line and having to pay for it when I already have one!

I was just wondering if there are any legalities converning this?

Squidgernetball- I love the way you work with your girls, sounds like my set-up lol!

I meant concerning!

I use my home number but redirect all calls to my business mobile. No one calls that number bar clients and PpI claims companies so I always answer professionally and with the kids out of ear shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just reconnected my landline, or rather I shall shortly. We're only giving the number to our Mums but I will be using it for the salon along with my mobile. Clients can still text, but I wonder if having a landline may appeal more to others.

I personally see a land line as a positive. We have such poor mobile reception where we are so calling mobile to mobile is really hard so we use the land line a lot and is much cheaper to call another land line.

I also think it makes you look like an established business.

I look at successful companies. They don't do it all on mobile but may give you the option!

Vic d

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back